Question Some Places Are Deleted in My Opera GX History

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ciao

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 22, 2022
Hello, in my Opera GX history, things about some places (probably only Youtube) are deleted, not all of them, but only a few, do you have any idea why this is happening?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello, in my Opera GX history, things about some places (probably only Youtube) are deleted, not all of them, but only a few, do you have any idea why this is happening?
  • Opera GX version:
  • Platform:
  • How have you configured Opera GX?
  • Installed extensions:

Edit: Try posting/searching here: Opera forums

ciao

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 22, 2022
  • Opera GX version:
  • Platform:
  • How have you configured Opera GX?
  • Installed extensions:

Edit: Try posting/searching here: Opera forums
1. When I open it it doesn't say the full version but it says things like "Opera is up to date", LVL 4, core and chromium version, which of these do you need?
2. Windows 10
3. What do you mean how did you configure it? I don't quite understand what you mean, but if you're asking this, I downloaded it normally from the site.
4. Google Translate, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, Requestly, Traffic Light, Unshorten Link, WOT plugins installed

Edit: I tried to open the topic there, but Opera GX did not choose the category when choosing a category.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you using default Opera settings, or configure the browser in favour of privacy/security which may reduce or break site compatibility/functionality.

ciao

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 22, 2022
Are you using default Opera settings, or configure the browser in favour of privacy/security which may reduce or break site compatibility/functionality.
As far as I know Opera GX has just been released, I only installed the theme, one of the mods, and turned off the ad blocker. As far as I remember these are just

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Opera GX initially released in 2019, unless you meant you have recently updated to the latest stable build.

Google Translate, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, Requestly, Traffic Light, Unshorten Link, WOT plugins installed

Edit: I tried to open the topic there, but Opera GX did not choose the category when choosing a category.
Check if any extensions may have interfered with the saving of browsing history? Try disable toggle each, and visit YouTube to see if history goes missing.

If the problem persists, I suggest reporting it to the Opera Forums. If you are unable to create a post, use Incognito mode, use another browser or device.

ciao

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 22, 2022
Opera GX initially released in 2019, unless you meant you have recently updated to the latest stable build.

Check if any extensions may have interfered with the saving of browsing history? Try disable toggle each, and visit YouTube to see if history goes missing.

If the problem persists, I suggest reporting it to the Opera Forums. If you are unable to create a post, use Incognito mode, use another browser or device.
As I said, this happens on rare occasions. As far as I know privacy badger blocks cookies, is it possible that's why?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The best way is to troubleshoot and figure out the cause.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.