Advice Request Clearsight Antivirus - What's your opinion?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Popolitus

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
Hi, can u test clearsight free edition?

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Hi, can u test clearsight free edition?

It hasn't been updated since 2019. Why even bother?

Edit: You can't even download the free version without sending a manual request to the company? WTF is this?

Popolitus

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014

Edit: You can't even download the free version without sending a manual request to the company? WTF is this?
They have a new version thats why
untitled.JPG

CSGUY

Nov 23, 2022

Code:
http://cs.av-updates.net/releases/av_ikarus/ClearsightAntivirus_5.2.3.exe

You are way behind with the times. Softpedia we don't use anymore.

We are updating the website and we have a new build with new scan engine.

Thanks

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Code:

Thanks

Hello Clearsight :D

You shouldn't have given me this information, I want to test it now :3
I can ? :p

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Code:

Thanks
Well, considering you had no build info on your website when that post was made, and no info about ANY updates being made, perhaps it's not me who's behind the times?

Edit: Still no build info on your site, and the only way to download the free product, or trial the paid version, is to submit a request form. How very "with the times".

csjames

Nov 24, 2022

Guys, I think you should rely on the website directly and not softpedo ;-)
Code:

The new ones are fast and use a new engine. also has OPSWAT Gold Certification.

Hello Clearsight :D

You shouldn't have given me this information, I want to test it now :3
I can ? :p
Go for it. :)

Do you use your own engine(s) or/and an outsourced one?
Cs uses our own and an additional signature based engine SDK. if you need keys pm me.

I forgot to say that we are launching the new version by giving every school free centrally managed antivirus. no charge.

Well, considering you had no build info on your website when that post was made, and no info about ANY updates being made, perhaps it's not me who's behind the times?

Edit: Still no build info on your site, and the only way to download the free product, or trial the paid version, is to submit a request form. How very "with the times".
The website is being updated. We are not Norton guys, just a small team trying to do some good. Would welcome any positive feedback as well as negative :)

Im using the free version, and so far so good
Cs uses our own and an additional signature based engine SDK. if you need keys pm me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kongo and Popolitus
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Is there a purpose to the white bar ? Also nice take on the double Eye Of Horus desktop icon.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-24 083235.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-24 083235.png
    309.2 KB · Views: 125

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @csjames

I have some questions for you

1. Are you from Clearsight

2. Can you add the Scan Engines to virustotal please with any time date

3. Any infos about the Scan Engines do use your own and another one can you say which

4. And how can I submit samples to you

Can everyone make a software review please and post the link here too

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: vtqhtr413

lain

Level 1
Jul 12, 2022
Too many red flags.
Installer signed by "DSecSoft Ltd" which has a default splash page. Not a huge deal, it's only an installer.
Network filter driver is not WHQL, and the file system minifilter driver is also not WHQL and was last signed in 2016.
The file system minifilter doesn't seem to do much of anything aside from register callbacks.

Further, av-updates.net or whatever the "CDN" is hosts some pretty sus software.

Last edited:

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Guys, I think you should rely on the website directly and not softpedo ;-)
I mean, you SAY this, but the website has no information. At all.

In fact, you follow up with "The website is being updated. We are not Norton guys, just a small team trying to do some good. Would welcome any positive feedback as well as negative :)"

So how about A: not telling us to rely on a website that hasn't been bothered to be updated, and B: it takes what, 20 minutes to list a version number or update on a website? You don't have to be Norton to do that.

There's also no place to download the free OR paid version without submitting a request. The only time we got a direct link was HERE.

In a world where AV needs to be advanced and sophisticated, this is some amateur horseshit. Sorry.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.