Guide | How To Close All Open Windows with a Single Click

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Close All Open Windows with a Single Click here ..

Close All Open Windows with a Single Click : on ntwind.com : http://www.ntwind.com/software/utilities/close-all.html

'This program lets you close all running applications with just a single click. It doesn’t use system resources because it only flashes a ‘close’ signal to all open applications on the desktop and then ceases. Just create a shortcut to the tool in the Start Menu, Quick Launch, Windows 7 Taskbar or elsewhere.'

'You can always add a hotkey to this shortcut. It is really very handy if you are running ~20 applications and want them all to quit instantly. It works just as if you were pressing the close button for each application.'

How to install:
Close All Windows is a very simple utility that doesn’t require installation. No settings are stored in the Windows Registry or file system. Just follow the steps below to set it up on your computer.

1.Download the ZIP archive and extract it somewhere on your hard drive ..

So FREE, PORTABLE.

Download - CloseAll.zip (36 KB) on this home page.

- I downloaded it like you ..:D

Close it FakeAV windows? - to try and get your impressions here, please.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I see no point in this, because it shows how lazy people are.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How does CloseAll know what to close? and does it work on running malware?

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Earth said:
How does CloseAll know what to close? and does it work on running malware?

NO, it does NOT work on running malware, pity.

I tested it with camouflaged pop-up - and it has NOT worked ..:(

Camouflaged popup test window is same as little strange window of FAKE AV ..

Here: http://www.popup-killer-review.com/camouflaged-popup.htm

So use other tools for FakeAV, like ProcNetMonitor I use! .. one click, that's all .. no more Fake AV window (with your browser page, because you kill your browser process, like iexplore.exe, voilà). ..:D

Look on ProcNetMonitor topic in Other Security Products section here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Process-Network-Port-Monitoring-Tool-NEW-ProcNetMonitor-Version

.. and on my other nice topics too, why not.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I think its just a little differential effort when using that tool and ordinary way to close it. But majority of users may not bother like these tools.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.