Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Cloudopt aims at keeping our global users away from the threats of phishing website, trojan virus.
Protect your security in real time, prevent tracing, malicious domain names, filter banner ads, pop-up ads, and video ads.

The most powerful security plugin in the Eastern Hemisphere, Cloudopt can effectively block all types of ads on all pages, phishing sites, phishing sites and phones.

Cloudopt can do this:

1. Block common ads.
2. Accelerate page loading, save bandwidth, block ads and pop-up windows.
3. Block all spyware, adware, and dial-up installers.
4. Protect your privacy by blocking common third-party tracking systems.
5. Protect your against malicious and phishing attacks.
6. Protect you from harassment and fraud.
7. Block the script from the dangerous website to download something.

Why use Cloudopt?

1. Cloudopt has ultra-small size and high performance. Installation only need to blink, run as long as similar software general memory.
2. Based on the Material Design design style, with Chrome perfect fusion together.
3. Cloudopt is connected to the cloud security center in real time to protect your browsing security and automatically update ad blocking rules.
4. Our gold medal customer service 7x24 hours on standby, providing a variety of feedback channels.

Cloudopt - Cloud Security Solutions

crx v1.0.4
https://www.cloudopt.net/static/assets/download/extensions/1.0.4/other.crx

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
No Contact address on the webpage (a red flag for legal reasons). Twitter shows Boston, MA.
But the extension is listed on Chrome store, so it has passed the basic test.

It automatically closes some bad webpages without notification, it might confuse users and it is hard to tell, if does anything then. But generally it seems to do less than adguard's malware filter. It definitely claims, that it can do anything, like work like AV, block ADs, trackers, phishing webpages, etc, but it does not appear so. I can not think of any extension, it could replace in the current state. Though for a new product, it looks pretty interesting, I am looking forward to see improvements.

Attachments

• capture_08192017_162841.jpg
    capture_08192017_162841.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 594
  • capture_08192017_162850.jpg
    capture_08192017_162850.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 565
  • capture_08192017_162903.jpg
    capture_08192017_162903.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 581
  • capture_08192017_162611.jpg
    capture_08192017_162611.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 586
  • capture_08192017_163030.jpg
    capture_08192017_163030.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 569

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Cloudopt Additional Information
Version: 1.0.7.3
Updated: October 25, 2017
Size: 508KiB

After downloading Cloudopt add-on on Firefox (yes it's chinese product, seen chinese characters for 1 second, and then English translation of its Options page), and then Firefox hanging (Browser JSGuard has tried to start... so I disabled it) - I closed and re-entered in my account - then Firefox crached after the start, so I disabed Cloudopt in Safe Mode ... then enabled and disabled in normal mode cause Firefox has become irresponsive again...
Removed carefully from Firefox - and I want to test Cloudopt in CENT Browser (= Chromium fork) now.. why not

EDIT:
I tried to download it in CENT Browser, then in the little download window, short read:

It can:
'read and change all your data on the websites you visit'
'read and change your browsing history'
'read and change your bookmarks' - what this is ..
'manage your downloads'

- stop, I closed download request invitation, I no longer envy at all!

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
"Cloudopt Privacy Policy
Cloudopt Limited (“Cloudopt”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy." ...
"Information Cloudopt may collect
Cloudopt may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information you provide. You may give Cloudopt information about yourself by filling in forms on the site or by corresponding with Cloudopt by phone, e-mail, chat or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register and use a Cloudopt account, purchase and manage products, use the help center or technical support center, participate in forums or other social media functions on the site and if you report a problem with the Cloudopt site or a product. The information you provide may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and financial and credit card information.
- Information Cloudopt collects about you. When you visit the site or use its products Cloudopt may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, devices used or which connect to your network from time to time, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- information about your visit, including the phone number on the page, through and from the site (including date and time);
- Information Cloudopt receives from other sources. Cloudopt works in close cooperation with third parties (including, for example, business partners and sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. " ....
"Privacy Policy.
The information that Cloudopt collects and processes about you as described above falls into two broad categories: Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) which is information that can be used to identify you as an individual and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“NPII”) which is information that cannot be used to identify you as an individual." ...

Reactions: XhenEd

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
@Windows_Security To be very honest I haven't heard anything about this extension. They seem to have quite a few partners judging by their website:

upload_2017-11-16_17-6-6.png

@JM Security ever hear of this company? I have not, but I thought I ask you about this company. If this company is reputable they sure do have quite the partnership with Microsoft, ESET, Bitdefender, COMODO etc.

If this add-on is as 'legit' as it claims to be why haven't we seen much of this add-on or heard much about this add-on? Right now I'm a bit skeptical, but I haven't been able to do much research yet.

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Seems cool.

Cloudopt aims at keeping our global users away from the threats of phishing website and Trojan Virus, and helping solve the issues of phone fraud or advertising calls.

Cloudopt departs from the “white-or-black” template. Whenever or wherever you are, the robots-based learning credit scoring technology will safeguard your online safety by blocking your visits to unsafe websites.

Cloudopt can effectively reduce the amount of annoying advertisements from websites, malware and online tracking, etc. It can not only boost the speed of visiting websites, but help your personal computer be more power-saving, delivering the best browsing experience.

My opinion, do too much things, without explaining even how to do one of them.

Looking at whois: 2. Admin: Nexperian Holding Limited, Le Jia International No.999 Liang Mu Road Yuhang District. - Same generic address detail for many thousands of websites, including some scam websites,

ClouDopt.net WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools

Cybersquatting - Wikipedia

2KUpxBj.png

If it's free, how pay 24*7 suppport?

188568.png

188570.png

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I don't downloaded this.
Chinese extension - sure Everything is Chinese now, bad English, no English comments ... sorry, except on homepage, like: 'I am very fond of the Cloudopt website security prompt function, helps me to screen the website authenticity and the security condition, I met the dangerous website also to be possible to mark, helps others to recognize, this has made me to have the security in browsing the webpage.' - this same bad English, so
I don't downloaded this.
I prefer/have 'Browser JSGuard' (it works!), 'Link Alert', 'Block Malicious File Downloads'...Seems coool

Last edited:

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Looks like the info go to some datacenter to China, "ok", but I usually use product that at least explain how they work with a Github page... :eek:

meiqia.com - urlscan.io

cloudopt.net - urlscan.io

But is really easy to know if a representative of those names confirm or deny involvement in this extension :p

Worst thing that can happen is this thing stole all your data transit through it, and resell...

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
By the way Cloudopt is also a name used by Amazon... :p

To be honest, seems cool description, but miss substance, may work with someone that believe in aliens. :alien:

Reality, datacenter to do machine-learning on ads, malware cost money, as the 24*7 support?

Is suppport...

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Thx @lowdetection @Lightning_Brian @Prootect, (y) comments are helpful and some are funny to :cool:

Worries I have also: not transparant about their business model (how can they afford help desk etc) and not transparent about the protection mechanism used (how does t work).

Kees

Reactions: XhenEd

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
So not transparent you mean shady, yes shady shady.

"- stop, I closed download request invitation, I no longer envy at all!"

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
@Windows_Security To be very honest I haven't heard anything about this extension. They seem to have quite a few partners judging by their website:

View attachment 173601
@JM Security ever hear of this company? I have not, but I thought I ask you about this company. If this company is reputable they sure do have quite the partnership with Microsoft, ESET, Bitdefender, COMODO etc.

If this add-on is as 'legit' as it claims to be why haven't we seen much of this add-on or heard much about this add-on? Right now I'm a bit skeptical, but I haven't been able to do much research yet.
Personally I never heard about it, it would be interesting to see some tests and more specific information.

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.