Troubleshoot CMD opens at random

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair Brock

Thread author
Jan 9, 2018
Hi, I was an idiot and trusted shady software, I believe I have gotten the majority of it off of my computer, Malewarebytes finds noting and I uninstalled everything I know I didn't install from the add/remove software panel on windows. However, now CMD opens at random intervals, I close it before it does anything, but can someone please tell me how to get it to stop? Thanks

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
CMD pop-up doesn't always mean a malware infection, but if you think it exists in correlation with an ambiguous software you've installed, then you can download and run Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK) and Zemana Antimalware.
Then you can post here a screenshot of the detections if there are.

Reactions: harlan4096
Upvote 0

Alistair Brock

Thread author
Jan 9, 2018
CMD pop-up doesn't always mean a malware infection, but if you think it exists in correlation with an ambiguous software you've installed, then you can download and run Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK) and Zemana Antimalware.
Then you can post here a screenshot of the detections if there are.
Hi thanks for helping, EEK found 12 files, and I cant use Zemana right now as I have ran out of the free trial. I also got a screen shot of what CMD does when it opens. Should I quaratine or remove those files?
CMD.png
EEK.PNG

Upvote 0

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Hello :)
My advice is to move to quarantine all the objects.
Especially "Trojan LNK" and "v8auivdyI7.exe" because some LNK malware will also open the CMD and execute malicious scripts in the background at the same time.
Not sure you can definitely delete the trojan because some samples of this type are deep-rooted in the system.
In this case you would need specific assistance.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.