Coffeeman's security configuration

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
If you have advises or examples of other security suites that I can try or worked for you, please share.
Thanks!

Other software:
-Uncleaner by JoshCellSoftwares (LINK
-CCleaner plus the Enhanced "plugin" LINK
-UnlockerLINK
-Sandboxie ( but don't know for how long, because of the sandbox in CIS)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
For Windows 7 :

What made you change from Avast apart from trying MSE?

Other Free AV software :
  • Add an antivirus :

On-Demand scanners :

Browsers Plugins :
This are a few plugins that will make your live more easy and comfortable:

Visualization:
Even if you submitted a file to virustotal.com and it said that it's clean , you'll need to run it in virtual environment because sometimes infection can be so new that security vendors don't have signs for it.

Visualization software will allow you to browse the web or run another application in a completely safe environment. This is especially useful when visiting high-risk web sites, whether accidentally or deliberately, as the Web browser will be completely contained within the virtual enviroment, preventing any damage to your computer.
A sandbox can also be used to run any other applications which you think may be suspect - you can run the program inside the sandbox to determine whether or not it is safe while remaining completely protected against any malicious actions that it may try to carry out.
I strongly advise you to install Sandboxie and use it when you're browsing the Internet or running shady/unknown programs.
Alternately you can try BufferZone PRO (Free) , another great virtualization software.

Sandboxie (Free/Paid) - link
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.

Always run suspicious of freshly downloaded files in a Sandboxie to verify that he download isn't compromised!Sandboxie will replicate perfectly your operating system so all the files should run without any problems in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
For 'free software' i would choose:
Comodo Internet Security using this guide or avast! free with Online Armor free firewall.
(hips can be chatty, but all round tighter protection)
Far better protection than just using mse and windows firewall.
just my two pence worth :)

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Update:
1. Installed CIS instead of MSE and Windows Firewall as real-time protection;
2. Spybot S&D; MBAM, SuperAntiSpyware- as on-demand scanners;
3. Other software: CCleaner + CCEnhancer, Uncleaner (by Josh Cell Software- a great piece of soft in my opinion), IOBit Uninstaller instead of RevoUninstaller Free ( just for testing purposes for the moment);

D

Deleted member 178

Spybot is useless and its technology not worth the shot, SuperAntispyware is npt necessary; both are outperformed by MBAM

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
For now it works and doesn't bother me with notifications...for now:)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
McLovin said:
For Windows 7 :

What made you change from Avast apart from trying MSE?

Other Free AV software :
  • Add an antivirus :

On-Demand scanners :

Browsers Plugins :
This are a few plugins that will make your live more easy and comfortable:

More AV/IS:
  • Comodo Internet Security 6
  • Bitdefender Free Antivirus

P

Plexx

Unknown said:
More AV/IS:

I am sure Coffeeman is aware of the list you have provided.

At this stage I would not recommend BD Free AV.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Biozfear said:
Unknown said:
More AV/IS:

I am sure Coffeeman is aware of the list you have provided.

Agreed, at least for the time being. Link.

D

Deleted member 178

Biozfear said:

Agree, why using BD AV free when the triple A (Avira, Avast, AVG) are there.

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
I have replaced CIS with KIS 12. Downloaded from some topic around the forum with 91 days of testing.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Coffeeman said:
I have replaced CIS with KIS 12. Downloaded from some topic around the forum with 91 days of testing.

You can use this license in kis 2013 if i am not wrong

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Happy new year everyone!

Said it here because I did not wabted to open a new thread. I am off to work today and will be back after 24 hrs, that means next year on january the 1st:)
So, Happy New Year everyone and have a great new year with lots of accomplishments!!

And just like that, my wired FO connection has some problems and now using some guy's unprotected wireless! >:)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: Happy new year everyone!

Coffeeman said:
Said it here because I did not wabted to open a new thread. I am off to work today and will be back after 24 hrs, that means next year on january the 1st:)
So, Happy New Year everyone and have a great new year with lots of accomplishments!!

Why, thank you. :)

Happy new year to you too Coffeeman :D Be happy and stay safe!

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Have replaced KIS with CIS 6. Mainly because it was in Spanish and seemed that I have had some internet problems which disappeared after uninstalled KIS. Probably because of my bad config?! but that is over now. Let's see what Comodo brewed.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you mean Bitdefender QuickScan and Kaspersky Security Scan, and Spybot v2 or v1.6?

Also there are few changes in the Config Wizard, if you feel like updating them. ;)

Coffeeman said:
Bitdefender Online Scanner and Kaspersky's online scanner
Spybot Search and Destroy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.