Coffeeman's security configuration

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Earth said:
Did you mean Bitdefender QuickScan and Kaspersky Security Scan, and Spybot v2 or v1.6?

Also there are few changes in the Config Wizard, if you feel like updating them. ;)

I was referring to their free online scanners:)
Also not using Spybot anymore.

Stranger said:
With MSE I always go with UAC on and hitmanpro (on demand)
I have quit MSE and Avast! and CIS after this was KIS but now I went back to CIS 6.:)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Bitdefender and Kaspersky, don't have Free Online Scanners, unless it's still available in your region?

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
@Earth: Here is the link to BD online scanner, for me it says "Free online Virus scan" LINK.

P

Plexx

Coffeeman said:
@Earth: Here is the link to BD online scanner, for me it says "Free online Virus scan" LINK.

The BD Online scanner works (page) but when it comes to Chrome to add the extension, it crashes. Probably my chrome only.

I also tried IE and nothing happened. Just keep staring at the page.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not sure, I've used Bitdefender QS (Extension) which scans 32-bit processes in running memory, that's the only one I know that exists.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Earth said:
Not sure, I've used Bitdefender QS (Extension) which scans 32-bit processes in running memory, that's the only one I know that exists.

BitDefender discontinued their online scanner awhile back, now all they offer is QuickScan as a browser extension. It only scans memory and doesn't remove any infections, if any infection are detected it directs you to download and install paid version of their products. It also has a lot of false positives. More of an advertisement browser extension then anything else.

Thanks.:D

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
A little update

PC Environment: Private
Security Awareness: Advanced
Exposure to Malware: Medium
Infection Rate: Low
Anti-Malware Testing: No
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional -Service Pack 1
Architecture: 64-bit
User Account: Administrator user
Real-time Protection: Eset NOD32 Antivirus 7
On-Demand Tools: At the moment...none!
Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox and sometimes for some work IE10

Browser Addons: Adblock
Lastpass
Xmarks
DNT (also fo IE)
Search Engine: Changed Google to DuckDuckGo as primary and a bookmark folder with other as secondary
I am always open to suggestions which come with good opinions, for for now only for secondary security. NOD32 works better with me and for me:).
Thanks!

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Well, I have used it without any problem. It is independet developer software so I really dont know what happens when you have problems with it. I have never had any problem. So my take is uset it, give it a try and see how it goes. Cleans pretty good, some files which are not cleaned by CCleaner. You can read more about it on the developers website joshcellsoftwares.com

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.