Cohen's S7 Security Configuration

Cohen

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Added App Lock; I lock apps that I wouldn't want others to have access to without my permission and have it setup so the PIN must be put in if attempting to uninstall an app (banking and anything that has access to my money like PayPal, messaging and anything that holds sensitive information).

O

Omnipotent

If you're worried about someone accessing your device without your permission then i would disable the fingerprint scanner as somebody could easily unlock your S7 while you're asleep. Other then that your security configuration looks good, thanks for sharing.

Cohen

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
If you're worried about someone accessing your device without your permission then i would disable the fingerprint scanner as somebody could easily unlock your S7 while you're asleep. Other then that your security configuration looks good, thanks for sharing.
When I go to a place that I think I may fall asleep and don't trust one or more people there with my phone, I disable the fingerprint scanner and just have a password to unlock my phone for the time.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well those security measures are case to case basis so any strategy came by OP is acceptable. PIN and Password are the strongest concept at all.

Reactions: Cohen

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
I am not a fan of app lock unless you only lock apps like settings, playstore, eset, and maybe your browser. Other then that you got a good security config!

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.