Com surrogate and tons of service host

gimpmister

Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2014
I ran roguekiller, but after it gets through the prescan, it doesn't allow me to select the scan (the circle by the word driver is red as well). I am also attaching FRST scann again, but it was ran in safe mode since it would not run in regular mode. Sorry about all the struggles. Thanks

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    35.9 KB · Views: 59
  • FRST.txt
    54.8 KB · Views: 107

gimpmister

Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2014
I was not able to get roguekiller to run a scan even in safe mode, I am attaching the farbar reports though.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    35.9 KB · Views: 27
  • FRST.txt
    54.8 KB · Views: 35

gimpmister

Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2014
So far, I still haven't been able to run either of these programs. I was able to run norton however, but it came back without finding anything.

gimpmister

Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2014
I was able to run TDSSKiller and get the report log from it. I don't know if this helps.

Attachments

• TDSSKiller Report.txt
    120.3 KB · Views: 91

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
FRST save it to a flash drive.
Plug the flash drive into the infected PC.

If you are using Windows8 consult
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-8-recovery-environment-command-prompt/

How to use the Windows 8 System Recovery Environment Command Prompt to enter System Recovery Command prompt.

Once in the Command Prompt:

In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

gimpmister

Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2014
Thanks for the advice! It worked! I have attached the log from here to this post! Thank you!

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    42.1 KB · Views: 45

gimpmister

Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2014
Thanks for the continued help! I was able to get both of these programs to run and say that the problems were fixed. I still have service host and com surrogates in the background, so I am wondering what next steps I should be taking to remove these? Thanks again, the help has been greatly appreciated!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.