Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I downloaded the fixlog.txt file and reran frst.exe. It ran to completion and the machine rebooted. Norton Security Suite restarted and automatically removed the frst.exe file. Should I remove the program rule in Norton's firewall to allow access for COM surrogate? I had changed this setting originally to keep it from replicating. So far, so good.Re-run FRST.exe as you did before ...
- Download fixlist.txt that you find attached at the bottom of this post and save it same place you
- Press the Fix button once and wait.
- FRST will process fixlist.txt
- When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt and will keep that log in the same folder where FRST.exe is.
> Attach here fixlog.txt logreport.
I don't see COM surrogate running. I had changed the program rule in Norton's firewall to block access by COM surrogate to prevent it from replicating prior to seeking help, should I change the rule back to allow access? What should I change to prevent this from happening again?Is everything ok now?
I had changed the program rule in Norton's firewall to block access by COM surrogate to prevent it from replicating prior to seeking help, should I change the rule back to allow access?
Yes settings default Norton.
• The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:
=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.
Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
Remove disinfection tools![]()
Create registry backup![]()
Purge System Restore![]()
Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes