Troubleshoot Command prompt appearing on desktop randomly

idontlikemalware

Thread author
May 28, 2017
Hi, this problem started roughly a week ago. While using my computer, a command prompt window would appear for a split second and disappear immediately approximately exactly every hour, which made it hard for me to find out what was going on. Without doing anything, this issue became fixed after a few days, with no command prompts appearing anymore. However, the command prompt appeared- not for a split second, but for at least 10 seconds on my desktop today. It read : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft office\root\Office16\officebackgroundtaskha...." Does anyone know what is happening and how can I stop this from reappearing again? Thank you!

Reactions: AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
In this situation, one thing you can do is install NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. It's free, and it's very light and easy to remove. It monitors scripts, so it will tell you what the script is when it runs. NVT ERP is a great program for using because of this capability it has. It also gives you the ability to block any script.

Here is a link to the download, which can be found in the below thread on page 4 post 70:

Thread:

NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro turns Freeware

Link:

http://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/EXERadar_Pro_x86_x64_v3.1_15052015_BUILD1.exe

Any questions on the program just ask should you decide to take a look. Very competent application.

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.