shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
this sometimes happens when there is a background process running that uses a lot of system resources. For instance, a windows update.
It's usually not something you can do anything about, except for upgrading your system to higher specs, such as using an SSD instead of a regular hard drive.

Upvote 0

CaAl

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 29, 2016
this sometimes happens when there is a background process running that uses a lot of system resources. For instance, a windows update.
It's usually not something you can do anything about, except for upgrading your system to higher specs, such as using an SSD instead of a regular hard drive.
Thanks sir but I only have a laptop and I don't have the budget to buy for higher specs of hardware so a NO for now but thanks for the suggestion sir :D. Thanks a lot :)

Upvote 0

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say its telemetry sending or collecting data. Everytime it happens to my machine and I check the time and go look into the diagnosis folder, and about 70% of the time, it telemetry doing it job or some background task, one that constanly gives me issue or high Cpu usage is backgroundtaskupload task.

Wild Guess, =) only....

Upvote 0

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
Hi CaAl,

· Is the issue is specific only while opening Python file?

· Are you able to open command prompt otherwise?

Follow the steps provided below to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Start your computer in safe mode

Method 2: You may follow the steps below to keep the command prompt open.

a. Open an elevated Command Prompt window. To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start, type cmd, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

b. Type the following command and press ENTER:

cmd /k netstat

c. Exit the Command Prompt window.

Method 3: If the above method does not resolve the issue, you may follow the below steps.

a. Right click your Start button,

b. Select properties, customize

c. Put a check mark at 'Display Run'

Method 4: Try performing SFC scan on the computer.

Hope this will resolve your issues.

Hope this information helps.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.