Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
What's new in this 6.3 build?
FIXED: Installer crashes during updates
FIXED! "Agree and Install" button is disabled when no options are selected during the update

Download Locations:

COMODO Internet Security

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe

Size: 202M ( 211388240 )
MD5: fca43f488afa6ee28b7380024f005bcf
SHA1: 9d9090da557b5f5bccacb8cbcb540a9944a3b32d

COMODO Firewall

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cfw_installer.exe

MD5: a0163415ae817de66abccaefd56f672d
SHA1: 39ba4b87ce13ca66b6e00fc0b911d1896e36cee2

COMODO Antivirus

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cav_installer.exe

MD5: bf7998a03cb51186d30a2a901fb766b4
SHA1: 97bb1788818ccbb3f3a447245510d221b7b96d0d

Updates & Upgrades

6.x users can quickly update to the latest version by simply running their automatic updates.
5.x users can download the upgrade package and run it to upgrade to 6.3: http://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/www/cis5upgrade/index.html

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I assume this fixes the forced install of either Yahoo or PrivDog?

Also another thing, I hear that the Suite, Firewall and Antivirus can be downloaded separately, but why are all the installers the same size?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Earth said:

Also another thing, I hear that the Suite, Firewall and Antivirus can be downloaded separately, but why are all the installers the same size?

For Yahoo and PrivDog I don't know, but I think that installers are the same size 'cuz user can? decide if he/she want more than a firewall or antivirus installed from downloaded installers. Comodo is offering to "upgrade" Antivirus or Firewall to Internet Security direct from installers if I can recall correctly...

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
BoraMurdar said:
Earth said:

For Yahoo and PrivDog I don't know, but I think that installers are the same size 'cuz user can? decide if he/she want more than a firewall or antivirus installed from downloaded installers. Comodo is offering to "upgrade" Antivirus or Firewall to Internet Security direct from installers if I can recall correctly...
The components are offered separately, but the user is compelled to download the CIS installer and then select Custom Install to choose what components they want. If, like I did, you install the firewall only, but later decide that you want to add the AV, you can then go to add/remove programs and chose the option to add the AV to complete the suite.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So really they are identical except for the preset defaults are selected differently. Yeah, nice move Comodo. And sure it may be convenient for those "planning" to switch to the full suite. So yes, kudos to Comodo for smart thinking.
No, not really.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I wish they would offer the pure firewall on its own without ANY extras and that includes the hips and sandbox modules.

It seems to me that pure firewalls are quite rare nowadays.
I have decided to use kaspersky internet security as ive realised comodo simply has features i will never use like kiosk etc.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Sheesh, I just did a search on PC Tuneup in the Comodo forum, as I hadn't heard of it... boy oh boy. They were advertising this as free, to scan your PC then tell you you gotta pay 20 bucks a year to have the PC trouble-free, only it won't be trouble free and you won't find help from GeekBuddy or in the forum.

Comodo have always trusted that their fanbase will deliver where they can't, that's what I can surmise. Since no user can help with this program in particular, you won't find help from staff in the forum. By the way, there's not even a forum section dedicated to PC Tuneup.

If you look in the forum, you'll see that Melih actually called for the end of bloat in browsers – in reference to IE's SmartScreen Filter which is cloud-based and doesn't add bloat at all – while in a discussion on the semi-forced installation of PrivDog, a program that keeps running in the background at all times, not just when your browser is up. Oh but the browser bloat must end, of course. I mean, how can you download a 30MB (non-zipped) firewall in a 100MB+ (zipped) package from a bloated browser?

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Well, they gotta make some cash somehow, I guess.
Give me the AV, HIPS, BB, and Firewall, and scrap the rest of the bloat. If they would clean it up that way, Comodo would be more popular among the intermediate to expert user groups.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Jaspion said:
Sheesh, I just did a search on PC Tuneup in the Comodo forum, as I hadn't heard of it... boy oh boy. They were advertising this as free, to scan your PC then tell you you gotta pay 20 bucks a year to have the PC trouble-free, only it won't be trouble free and you won't find help from GeekBuddy or in the forum.

Comodo have always trusted that their fanbase will deliver where they can't, that's what I can surmise. Since no user can help with this program in particular, you won't find help from staff in the forum. By the way, there's not even a forum section dedicated to PC Tuneup.

If you look in the forum, you'll see that Melih actually called for the end of bloat in browsers – in reference to IE's SmartScreen Filter which is cloud-based and doesn't add bloat at all – while in a discussion on the semi-forced installation of PrivDog, a program that keeps running in the background at all times, not just when your browser is up. Oh but the browser bloat must end, of course. I mean, how can you download a 30MB (non-zipped) firewall in a 100MB+ (zipped) package from a bloated browser?
Well I asked this question in the Comodo forum when I was trying to download the firewall. Why must a user download a 200MB file (CIS) just to get the 40MB firewall installed? I received one reply by a Comodo Hero. That's just the way it is, basically.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I think in the long run it is in case a user of comodo firewall may decide they wish to use the full suite at some point in the future.

The size of the installer has benefits.
If you were to change to the full suite it is far easier to simply change the installation rather than uninstalling the firewall and then downloading the full suite again.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@aztony, got a link to that thread?

@Amiga, that is IF the user already PLANNED on upping to the Suite from AV or Firewall.

However, there are no benefits (unless above).

In my opinion, by right, they should offer the standalone installers AND ones without the extra software. No one likes being forced into using stuff they don't want to use, but this isn't anything new, they did that recently with a CIS upgrade + PrivDog.

Even software that include adware in their software, have alt versions without bloat (ie. CCleaner, CDBurnerXP).

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I don't like "heavy" lol
Bullguard, ZoneAlarm, and Avast Free are good ones that are free
I prefer Sandboxie and solid BB

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@aztony, Strange. I've been blocked. Last week (as a guest) I could view the boards.

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Spamming or Suspected Spamming...
This ban is not set to expire.

Image:
Gqrxm3w.png

Thanks anyway.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Earth said:
@aztony, Strange. I've been blocked. Last week (as a guest) I could view the boards.

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Spamming or Suspected Spamming...
This ban is not set to expire.

Image:
Gqrxm3w.png

Thanks anyway.

Wow! guess they don't want you there. Are they screening IP addresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.