Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryboy_MN

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2013
Has anyone tried Comodo Antivirus 6 and if so how has it performed for you. I'm currently using AVG free and feel I need better protection. Thanks.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Hmm, testing CIS 6 every day, especially the antivirus part as I am malware hunter there .. And it performs very well to be honest, and I'd say it is better than many vendors out there.. The Cloud does its job, signatures are instantly generated by the cloud based behavior analysis system.

On the other hand, Comodo Antivirus, needs more generic signs. But guys at Comodo work hard and I'm sure we'll have them sooner or later..

Last but not least, there are less FP's (very less) comparing to the prev versions.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
See here: http://antivirus.comodo.com/internet-security-for-home.php
Comodo AV is identical to CIS, but without the Firewall features. So you'll have the HIPS, BB and Auto-Sandbox (restriction-based) components alongside the Antivirus - if that's something you want in an AV?

spyware, what's CAV like for daily use, without malware hunting?

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Hi Earth,

"spyware, what's CAV like for daily use, without malware hunting?"

We'll have to wait another feedback to get a correct response even though it depends on each systems and users.

Countryboy_MN

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2013
Thanks spywar for the info on Comodo antivirus. Not to concerned with Comodo's firewall. For me Windows firewall does a good job of protecting me.

Carolinaeliz

Jan 3, 2013
I am the user of comodo internet security for past 2 years, it has antivirus and firewall enclosed in a single software!
Its very safe and secure to use for your pc!
In a recent AV test too, Comodo was the only free security software to rank top in protection!
Here is the link : http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/windows-xp/marapr-2013

Seany007

Verified
May 3, 2013
Slowpoke73 said:
Has anyone tried Comodo Antivirus 6 and if so how has it performed for you. I'm currently using AVG free and feel I need better protection. Thanks.

I'm using Comodo AV for a while now. Comodo improved their AV a lot. It is simple and effective. I highly recommend it. Comodo AV will only get better with time.

britleyjosh

Jun 17, 2013
Yup!! I tried it, it's really awesome, previously i used avg even tried avira, they couldn't satisfied me, Started comodo 2 months ago, functioning really good.It is a multi-layered security application that keeps hackers out and personal information in. go give a try definitely you will love it...:)
Here is the download link: http://antivirus.comodo.com/internet-security-for-home.php

Countryboy_MN

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2013
Carolinaeliz said:
I am the user of comodo internet security for past 2 years, it has antivirus and firewall enclosed in a single software!
Its very safe and secure to use for your pc!
In a recent AV test too, Comodo was the only free security software to rank top in protection!
Here is the link : http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/windows-xp/marapr-2013

Thanks for info on Comodo. I've tried most of the free AV progroms and I really Comodo Antivirus. :)

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I use the full suite and the av is very good.i have done a few tests myself and the av stopped everything i threw at it and that was even malware that was literally a couple of hours old.

Its a great free security program and i highly recommend it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've had a few issues with FPs and Auto-Sandboxing legitimate programs, I solved the problem by performing a File Rating scan and marked everything as Trusted.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Earth said:
I've had a few issues with FPs and Auto-Sandboxing legitimate programs, I solved the problem by performing a File Rating scan and marked everything as Trusted.
I had one or 2 programs that I manually made trusted, nothing else.
Please if you have ay FP's feel free to report them via this page

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo isn't a program I would usually use. Thanks for the link, but I don't think I'll be using Comodo software again.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Earth said:
Comodo isn't a program I would usually use. Thanks for the link, but I don't think I'll be using Comodo software again.
I also uninstalled it. Cause having AV for me doesn't matter since it will always be off :D But will certainly give Emsisoft Anti Malware a try as I get free keys for contributions

Z

ZeroDay

spywar said:
Earth said:
I also uninstalled it. Cause having AV for me doesn't matter since it will always be off :D But will certainly give Emsisoft Anti Malware a try as I get free keys for contributions

But CAV has been out performing EAM in the virus exchange hasn't it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's 50:50 for me, sometimes on and other times off (ie. disabled).

spywar said:
Cause having AV for me doesn't matter since it will always be off

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.