Status
Not open for further replies.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
ZeroDay said:
spywar said:
Earth said:
Comodo isn't a program I would usually use. Thanks for the link, but I don't think I'll be using Comodo software again.
I also uninstalled it. Cause having AV for me doesn't matter since it will always be off :D But will certainly give Emsisoft Anti Malware a try as I get free keys for contributions

But CAV has been out performing EAM in the virus exchange hasn't it.
Yes, this is detection test. Actually I still have CIS 6.2 installed, but really doesn't use it...atm not testing. Just looking around to find some great pieces of malware. But EAM was only tested in VM so I don't know how it does (RAM usage on everyday use) on my real machine. Well, will stick with current config atm..

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Most important feature that I like in comodo is it's cloud feature,even without a full virus database update the cloud does its job,it detects any prevailing threats and removes...

Z

ZeroDay

Learn what? I'm more educated regards technology than a fanboy like you will ever be ;)

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
I've learned a lot for 3 years now ! I plan to go for malware analysis (technical analysis) but for the future. I don't suck, I help, learn and share, that's moooooore different. Thanks for considering.

Z

ZeroDay

When Comodo has consistently done well in AVC, Vb100 and AV-TEST for a period of lets say 2 years then and only then will I take your crappy av seriously :)

Z

ZeroDay

I work in Networking myself. You help? I've never seen you so much as welcome a new member let alone help anybody. The only thing you do on this forum is upload samples.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
But what about normal users that come around only with widespread samples ? :)
AVC uses them ? How do you know ? Do they let us accessing the samples ?
I installed CIS 6 on quite a lot of machine don't you think this is enough ? Do they need to pay an AV every years just because it detects 100 % of threats ? (of course 100% does not and will NEVER exist).
I just want to tell you that Comodo AV is definitely not comparable to Bitdefender or Kaspersky or ESET ! Definitely not ! But it is enough for the suite and all we can hope is more improvements :)
We are on an anti malware community think about it ;)

edit: Correct, I am not helping here on MT, I'm on french forums helping a lot more than you think.

Z

ZeroDay

I just want to tell you that Comodo AV is definitely not comparable to Bitdefender or Kaspersky or ESET ! Definitely not ! But it is enough for the suite

Thank you! I will now apologize for being a bit of an idiot towards you and stop bashing Comodo. For what it's worth I don't really think CAV is that bad and the sandbox makes up for it regardless.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
People on this thread seem to have missed the point entirely when it comes to comodo antivirus.

Used on its own its not as good as some others,but as part of the full suite it works in unison and high detection is simply not required as there is a BB and HIPS also.

This constant bickering about detection is pointless.
Do you see the logic here.?

Thanks.

Z

ZeroDay

Amiga if you're referring to to exchange of comments between spywar and I, that's over dude. And I've said all along that Comodo sandbox, hips and firewall are strong.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
That's what this topic is about, solely Comodo Antivirus. No HIPS. No BB, Sandbox or Firewall.

And without the Cloud-based systems? Their AV is mediocre.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Only AV without any cloud based scanning system mediocre yes. But fortunately this is not the case.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Earth said:
That's what this topic is about, solely Comodo Antivirus. No HIPS. No BB, Sandbox or Firewall.

And without the Cloud-based systems? Their AV is mediocre.

I dont think its mediocre but its certainly not up there with the big guys yet.
But we need to remember the comodo av is relatively young and is only just maturing into a reliable av.

I prefer avast because it kills the malware at the doorstep where as comodo allows the malware to be downloaded on to the computer.

Thanks.

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Amiga500 said:
I dont think its mediocre but its certainly not up there with the big guys yet.
But we need to remember the comodo av is relatively young and is only just maturing into a reliable av.

I prefer avast because it kills the malware at the doorstep where as comodo allows the malware to be downloaded on to the computer.

Thanks.

you can do this also with comodo just customize av to "On Access", and I find Comodo is better than avast in dealing with viruses especially in infected machines

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
spywar, may be true, even MSE has cloud-based scanning (MAPS formally SpyNet). So when can we expect more downtime of Comodo's cloud-based scanning? :666:

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
I know MAPS but that's more a community based file sharing than a cloud based scanning, I mean MSE will upload suspicious files/files actions/location on system etc...sometimes the binary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.