Status
Not open for further replies.

Hungry Man

Thread author
Jul 21, 2011
Beta Updated:

From their Website:

What's new in 5.8.202801.2064?

NEW! Antivirus base size has been reduced drastically: This affects CIS performance and resource consumption as well
NEW! HIPS now has further improvements on 64 bit operating systems
NEW! Simple installer with 1-click installation experience
IMPROVED! Look and feel of the icons so that it is easier on the eyes
IMPROVED! CAV "Clean" button no longer deletes files but quarantines instead
FIXED! Firewall does not filter bluetooth adapters: pls reinstall CIS to see the effects
FIXED! Summary shows wrong menus when clicked on state links.

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/5.8_dgfjh/cispremium_installer.exe

G

Guest28

I installed this and this seems very interesting we will see how this goes...... Image below.....

72vv8.png

G

Guest28

L0L.............. it just came to me that comodo new installer kinda looks like nortons when you first set it up if you install this beta you will know what i am getting at.

Hungry Man

Thread author
Jul 21, 2011
Disabled logging. Every 5 seconds there was a write to the disk for about 100Kb of data or something like that. I have no need for logs and, even if tiny, I'd like to reduce IO where possible.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From ryan's screenshot:

What are the automatic decisions decided from? (Community-based / TVL / Other).

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Great to see the 64bit improvements. Maybe we might eventually see the back of the security limitations on 64bit.

D

Deleted member 178

ryan said:
L0L.............. it just came to me that comodo new installer kinda looks like nortons when you first set it up if you install this beta you will know what i am getting at.

+1 Ryan, when i saw it, i said "hey, this is CIS or the new NIS" :D

I

illumination

umbrapolaris said:
ryan said:

+1 Ryan, when i saw it, i said "hey, this is CIS or the new NIS" :D

It does kinda look like installer for NIS ;)

I

illumination

I have just downloaded this straight from the forum, to test, and was disappointed in the installer, as far as, it did not ask if i wanted to use their DNS service, it just decided for me, same with Geek Buddy.. Now, me personally, I know how to uninstall the Geek Buddy service, as well as change the DNS, but for average users, they should leave these options open in the installer..

D

Deleted member 178

the modules can be chosen on the second tab :D when you click "advanced install" i missed it too the first time ^^

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
I have just downloaded this straight from the forum, to test, and was disappointed in the installer, as far as, it did not ask if i wanted to use their DNS service, it just decided for me, same with Geek Buddy.. Now, me personally, I know how to uninstall the Geek Buddy service, as well as change the DNS, but for average users, they should leave these options open in the installer..

You need to now click where it says, "Customize Installer". You'll also want to check your settings, because if you haven't customized the installer, it also gave you the new less secure default settings.

The new option to not show popups from the AV is enabled, and set to quarantine. And the new option to not show popups from the firewall is enabled, and set to allow requests. (Plus of course, since the 5.5 release, the Internet Security configuration has the allow all outgoing firewall rule in place)

I don't really like the way these are kind of hidden in the new installer.

Hungry Man

Thread author
Jul 21, 2011
I didn't realize it either when I first installed. I don't think most people would. The old one was better.

I

illumination

umbrapolaris said:
the modules can be chosen on the second tab :D when you click "advanced install" i missed it too the first time ^^

Ahhh, snuck right past me did it? I will uninstall and try this again, as the installer was much quicker, which i did like, but over-looking the options part, i want to see..;)

I

illumination

HeffeD said:
thewolfsmith72 said:

You need to now click where it says, "Customize Installer". You'll also want to check your settings, because if you haven't customized the installer, it also gave you the new less secure default settings.

The new option to not show popups from the AV is enabled, and set to quarantine. And the new option to not show popups from the firewall is enabled, and set to allow requests. (Plus of course, since the 5.5 release, the Internet Security configuration has the allow all outgoing firewall rule in place)

I don't really like the way these are kind of hidden in the new installer.

Thank you for mentioning this also, it prompted me to go look at settings right away. I will be reinstalling this, just to see the process again. I was really disappointed at first thinking they had by default set these things into this new installer, i am glad i posted here about it and received the feed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.