Comodo Cleaning Essential + KillSwitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Comodo Cleaning Essentials (v1.7.192479.98)

"Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) is a set of powerful security tools designed to help users identify and remove malware and unsafe processes from Windows computers. Designed as a portable application, the software requires no installation and can be run directly from removable media such as a USB key.

CCE consists of two core technologies:

KillSwitch - an advanced system monitoring tool that allows users to identify, monitor and stop potentially unsafe processes that are running on endpoint systems. Uniquely for a product of its type, KillSwitch leverages Comodo's huge whitelist database to isolate untrusted processes with an extremely high degree of accuracy – improving IT operational efficiency by reducing false positives and cutting the amount of time spent troubleshooting an endpoint machine.
Malware scanner – fully featured malware scanner capable of unearthing and removing viruses, rootkits, hidden files and malicious registry keys hidden deep within a system. The scanner is highly configurable, uses the latest heuristic techniques to detect previously unknown viruses, features first-class malware removal capabilities and is capable of detecting hidden drivers and services loaded during system start-up."

Features and benefits
- Instantly identify and stop every untrusted process running on an endpoint with a single click
- Powerful antivirus scanner capable of removing malware, rootkits, hidden files and malicious registry keys hidden deep within a system
- Forensic level stats and graphs allow internal processes and resource usage to be analyzed with unrivaled granularity
- Integration with Comodo cloud scanners provides real-time safety verdicts for unknown processes
- Perfect for ensuring network endpoints are totally clean of threats
- Can be configured to replace Windows Task Manager in the Windows shell
- No installation required – can run direct from USB or user desktop via RDP

Link: http://www.comodo.com/business-security/network-protection/cleaning_essentials.php

Download Locations:
Direct links removed by HeffeD

How to configure: http://help.comodo.com/topic-119-1-208-2080-Configuring-Comodo-Cleaning-Essentials.html

Tip for CIS users: if you have CIS already installed, you can avoid the downloading of CCE huge defintions files by copy-pasting the "scanners" folder (C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security) into the one of CCE. Both products using the same definitions.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
This can be tool as on demand scanner or tool in case of high infections.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
jamescv7 said:
This can be tool as on demand scanner or tool in case of high infections.

yes absolutly, and KillSwitch is based on Process Hacker.

edited the OP with a tip for CIS users.

EMET

Apr 23, 2011
I use Kill Switch when testing malware.
It's fantastic...i just "hide safe processes" and observe what runs when I open/run a malware.
Also, you can right click a unknown process and upload it to VirusTotal or Jotti.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
CCE & Killswitch are great removal tools, a must have.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
you will have around 180mb of definition update ^^ be patient ^^

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
you will have around 180mb of definition update ^^ be patient ^^

my connection speed is fast now
take 15mins or less to get it ,just leaving to watching tv or play games on xbox
:cool:

G

Guest28

Thread author
It is recommended on the comodo forums if you're not an advanced user. You should not be running this tool as it could do serious damage. I have CCE as one of my tools and it is very powerful.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
you are perfectly right Ryan, btw Comodo products are generally not for beginners :D

type 1 if you think Win7holic will screw his virtual OS
type 2 if you think he will not
type 3 if you think he will desintegrate his computer

:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
180MB definitions that's not bad at all, unless its too bad if a dial up connection.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
type 1 if you think Win7holic will screw his virtual OS
type 2 if you think he will not
type 3 if you think he will desintegrate his computer

:D

i don't know what you mean ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Extracted FAQs:
Who should use Comodo Cleaning Essentials?
Comodo products are designed to be accessible to users of any experience level. However, the highly technical nature of the information presented by KillSwitch probably makes it more suited to system administrators, advanced users or computer science students. On the other hand, the malware scanner features a simple interface and can be used with ease by anybody.

Verdict: I don't recommend using CCE unless for intended use. Also requiring 210MB install space is ridiculous, they would be better of creating a bootable environment version.

I

illumination

Thread author
I use CCE from a flash drive... It is a great program. Takes no time to isolate unknown or bad processes, very handy! It is a part of my arsenal!!

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Why is this hosted in the "Small to Medium Business" section ? :) and I do I need to give all my details ... Funny enough I have given a random (fake) email and then Comodo said : You can find all the details in you Inbox. :lolz:
Never tried this product so I can't comment yet..but I'll give my real details and download this program.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i have added 2 direct links in the original post to dl it without the registration part.

I

illumination

Thread author
Jack said:
Why is this hosted in the "Small to Medium Business" section ? :) and I do I need to give all my details ... Funny enough I have given a random (fake) email and then Comodo said : You can find all the details in you Inbox. :lolz:
Never tried this product so I can't comment yet..but I'll give my real details and download this program.

I have not downloaded this from Comodo's main site, but had seen in the forum that they ask for details to download from there. They do not ask for these details in the Comodo forum. It is a very handy tool though, think you will like Kill Switch!

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
yes the forum has direct links but the main site surely needs intel of their users ^^ anyway i updated the OP so no more registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.