Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Process Hacker and Process Explorer can also replace your Task Manager, and I'm sure that other ones can too.

I've always returned to Windows Task Manager, because it displays all the information in an organised way, even if it lacks some of the features.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Yeah had it replace my task manager too for a day then got sick of it and stuck to the original one as it displays it all in a more orderly fashion like Earth said.

How CCE has come on in leaps and bounds since it's created, we no longer have DACS but we all know why that is and personally I don't wish to see the return of it. Autoruns has been introduced which even though some say it's a bit suspect it's completey written from scratch in-house by Comodo. Same goes for Killswitch, this tool is not for novice users as quite a few say, but given a bit of time users can learn how to use this tool effectively don't you think??

Looking forward to see this progress as this certainly won't be lacking resources to be actively be developed. :D

P

Plexx

Thread author
was curious but how long is taking u guys to load killswitch if replaced the task manager?

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
AyeAyeCaptain said:
we no longer have DACS but we all know why that is

Do we? I'm curious to hear this. ;)

Sorry for my mistake of using an opinion as fact, it's the conclusion I have come to. It's on the back burner maybe, but either way there is much more better things in the work that makes DACS obsolete by now surely?! :)

Then again having that in CCE would be handy like to be fair!

Sorry for the confusion my German friend :p

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
CCE and KillSwitch are some of the best cleaning programs I've used. I repaired 2 PCs last night with both tools and I eventually got the PCs back and running.

ocsi

Level 1
Oct 26, 2011
BoXX28 said:
CCE and KillSwitch are some of the best cleaning programs I've used. I repaired 2 PCs last night with both tools and I eventually got the PCs back and running.
I do not trust CCE. Not yet! Anyway, Melih said he would introduce in CIS 6 CCE and KillSwitch

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Well that's great news! Comodo's always open for new innovations so that's great in my opinion.

ocsi

Level 1
Oct 26, 2011
BoXX28 said:
Well that's great news! Comodo's always open for new innovations so that's great in my opinion.
I do not know if it's true, but .... would be great! :D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
ocsi said:
I do not trust CCE. Not yet! Anyway, Melih said he would introduce in CIS 6 CCE and KillSwitch

where do you heard that? he always said it will never be in CIS. because CCE is a full apps on itself designed to be used in infected environment. maybe HeffeD can clarify the situation.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
where do you heard that? he always said it will never be in CIS. because CCE is a full apps on itself designed to be used in infected environment. maybe HeffeD can clarify the situation.

It has never been the plan to add CCE to CIS because it is all too easy for someone who doesn't know what they're doing to really screw up their machine with CCE.

However, he did make a post recently that appears as though he may be considering it.

CIS 6 Fever

I guess we'll need to wait and see.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
the only new thing i know that may appear it is the Behavior Blocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.