Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.6.400585.347 is Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
thanks for explanations.
it sounds like CIS autosandbox works a little differently from CCAV autosandbox. In the latter, if I understand right, a file will only be trusted if it fulfills two conditions: signature is in TVL, and file is in "known files" list.
CCAV sandbox and CIS sandbox works in the same way about sandboxing procedure.

But CIS sandbox is stronger than CCAV sandbox
Here is the information from CCAV homepage
CCAV sandbox is a light weighted sandbox, it does not rely on service or filter drivers. It is implemented purely from user mode hooks. CCAV sandbox does not have COM/Service virtualization which CIS has. Besides, unlike CIS which has one global sandbox instance, different CCAV applications have their own sandbox instance while child process inherits sandbox instance from parent process

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
CCAV sandbox and CIS sandbox works in the same way about sandboxing procedure.

But CIS sandbox is stronger than CCAV sandbox
Here is the information from CCAV homepage
thanks for that important piece of info
so it sounds like CIS has stronger protection than CCAV does, although CCAV has the advantage of separate sandboxes for each virtualized app.

Reactions: askmark
Y

yigido

Thread author
thanks for that important piece of info
so it sounds like CIS has stronger protection than CCAV does, although CCAV has the advantage of separate sandboxes for each virtualized app.
You are learning faster :) Yes, of course CIS is the strongest(!) ;) CCAV is more friendly software than CIS.
You can recommend it to your novice friends for their Default-deny protection. It is lack of some layers but it has the most important part of Comodo. It is sandbox. I always recommend CIS but CCAV is for avarage Joe'S ;)

Reactions: askmark and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You are learning faster :) Yes, of course CIS is the strongest(!) ;) CCAV is more friendly software than CIS.
You can recommend it to your novice friends for their Default-deny protection. It is lack of some layers but it has the most important part of Comodo. It is sandbox. I always recommend CIS but CCAV is for avarage Joe'S ;)
I don't know what exactly I did different this time, but CIS seems to be working very nicely for me, without hitches and glitches. When COMODO works right, it offers a tremendous convenience: You don't have to make any agonizing decisions about whether you trust your downloaded file or not, because it will automatically get sandboxed , if it is suspicious in any way. If you like it, you can always go and take it out of sandbox afterwards. That makes life a lot easier.

Reactions: askmark and yigido

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
I know this is the wrong thread, but it seems we are talking CCAV and CIS at the moment so here goes:
I would like to run CFW with CruelSisters config, but as I stated in another tread, my LAN speed dropped 50% while doing large file transfers.
Did anyone here experience that behavior?

/W

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
what to do if unknown files keep getting sandboxed?
Even if I click on "don't sandbox again", certain files get sandboxed again anyways, depending on their location.
what is workaround for this issue?
the workaround is to go into sandbox settings and make a manual "ignore" rule for those files.
the rule created from the popup applies by default only to a "trusted" file, and that is the whole problem.

Reactions: askmark
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.