Comodo Cloud Antivirus (CCAV) to be discontinued

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I find it hilarious how Comodo, after all the years of requests and begging to add "Ask" control for their sandbox in CIS. And they refused to, leaving you with automatic sandboxing and automatic allowing and that's it. They however had it in CCAV all along. And they are discontinuing it now. Like almost hundreds of their programs they just let to rot and die.
The focus of this company is really bizarre. They could have one of the best security suits in existence, but their ignorance and arrogance (from Comodo and their fanboys on the forums), it is where we all knew it'll end up and it's all their own fault. CIS has been on life support for a long time. New major version changes with hardly any actual changes. And huge gaps between updates and then when they happen, it's just a small bugfix. That tells me whole thing is just slowly rotting to death and one day they'll just announce they are discontinuing CIS too. Mark my words.

Last edited by a moderator:

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Hype doesn't last if the program have too many issues. Comodo's fanboys just woke up, now they leave the boat, most of them used comodo because it was free. For example, i dont see Cruelsister promoting comodo (and her setup) anywhere...When the sound of reason hits you ;)
She was active around 3 months ago in Comodo forum
Screenshot_20191110-081642.jpg
Screenshot_20191110-081625.jpg

The problem with Comodo is that they can't catch up with the way Windows 10 evolves.
Windows 10 is a nightmare for Security Companies, every 6 months there is a completely new OS and every month (or even more often) cumulatives updates break something. Probably Microsoft is doing that with purpose to take advantages over other AV vendors, not sure about that...
If you go with big names (Kaspersky, Avast, Bitdefender) maybe you can avoid big issues.
But the best way to avoid compatibility issues is to use Windows Defender and Windows Firewall, plus some tools which use built-in Windows features to increase security (AndyFul's Hard_Configurator or ConfigureDefender, NVT's SysHardener, Re:HIPS, henry++'s Simplewall, Sphinx-soft Windows 10 Firewall Control)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Hype doesn't last if the program have too many issues. Comodo's fanboys just woke up, now they leave the boat, most of them used comodo because it was free. For example, i dont see Cruelsister promoting comodo (and her setup) anywhere...When the sound of reason hits you ;)

I wonder what's up with meghan ( cruelsister ) she has not been on mt for quite some time now , but she sproradically replies on the comodo forum.you are right umbra , something is going on....comodo is on its collision course , just like the titanic did. some staff member announced that the next beta for cis is postponed as well......

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
We had a Comodo fanboy in our security minor also. His remarks must have sparked something at our teacher, so he included Comodo in a sort of competition comparative analysis to determine whether a "money burning" IT-startup has potential (the technical aspect investments guys analyse to determine whether the put money into a new investment round). I wqs not in the group analysing Comodo, but I recall the highlights on their findings presentataion:

Weakness of Comodo software
  • Not able to maintain user growth (or attract new users)
  • Lacking clear vision in product portfolio
  • Shacky reputation on quality management
Strength of Comodo software
  • All the technology to combine Comodo Cloud with Comodo Firewall with central management for business customers (which are paying customers)
  • Software development can be paid by Comodo SSL
Threat to Comodo Software
  • Free certificates from Let's Encrypt.org will lower income of Comodo SSL

Weakness of Comodo SSL
  • Shaky reputation for issuing certificates to questionable companies

Strength of Comodo SSL
  • Market share SSL certificate SMB-market
Threat to Comodo SSL
  • Free certificates Let's Encrypt.org

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I never saw her as argumentative at all.

She wasn't.

Although that is separate from not liking people disagreeing with her.

I don't blame her or Windows_Security or Umbra (phase 1) and so many others who have left or taken long breaks... it can be really annoying here. And there are many ignorant people here. That stated, there is much to learn here and also many really smart people and value to be gained.

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
Comodo problem is that they came out with so many different products at once and abandoning them giving something for free only works if
you have a stable company that can afford to.but is it truly free or you just a guinea pig for the paying customer.and yes umbra
they will be bought out like sophos branded new name CoSO protect:oops::cool: thats why the starting to charge 4.99 a year
1 cent for every bug to be fixed

hexam

Level 1
Nov 28, 2018
They could have one of the best security suits in existence, but their ignorance and arrogance (from Comodo and their fanboys on the forums), it is where we all knew it'll end up and it's all their own fault.

It's still one of the best safety suits for me and not because I'm fanboy With comodo I have almost nothing to do with worms, rootkits, malware or other malicious software almost since comodo. I too have some doubts now, but I'll wait to see what comes. Whether the versions 6914 or 6938 work fine on my computer, I stay with 6838. Online banking makes a lot of sense, but I trust 'Secure Shopping' and this has proven to be very safe.

That's why I don't find fanboys in the comodo forum, but rather those who, like me, are protected by comodo.

hexam

Level 1
Nov 28, 2018
Does it kill your LAN speeds?

No! With speed test it is even faster than it should be according to my contract with the provider. All web sites and threads open fluently.

It's still one of the best safety suits for me and not because I'm fanboy. With comodo I have almost nothing to do with worms, rootkits, malware or other malicious software almost since comodo. I too have some doubts now, but I'll wait to see what comes. Whether the versions 6914 or 6938 work fine on my computer, I stay with 6838. Online banking makes a lot of sense, but I trust 'Secure Shopping' and this has proven to be very safe.

That's why I don't find fanboys in the comodo forum, but rather those who, like me, are protected by comodo.
Edit: I have to correct this sentence
With comodo I have almost nothing to do with worms, rootkits, malware or other malicious software almost since comodo.
:

With comodo I have nothing to do with worms, rootkits, malware or other malicious software, using comodo almost since it was launched.

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I meant transferring speeds of files from between computers on the same network.

There was an issue with network file scanning causing slowdown so this was disabled by default a couple of versions ago which fixed that reported slowdown. See note 6 on this release back in 2017: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.2.6396 Released - News / Announcements / Feedback - CIS

Anyway, I'm personally not using Comodo at the moment. I'll see what next stable release brings but in the meantime using Hard_Configurator's Default Deny approach.

Eric

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

No! With speed test it is even faster than it should be according to my contract with the provider. All web sites and threads open fluently.
This is called WAN.
And no, your speed can't be faster than the one provided by your provider plan unless it silently improved the plan.
I meant transferring speeds of files from between computers on the same network.
This is called LAN

hexam

Level 1
Nov 28, 2018
...... unless it silently improved the plan.
Yes, that's right, I didn't remember - but only for one year. Now my speed is in normal speed again. There were some problems and I got the faster connection as a bonus for one year.
But Comodo doesn't lower the speed - download and upload speeds are not intoxicating, but good on average. I don't have LAN.

In the penultimate av-test comodo got 100% protective effect. This time comodo wasn't tested. The comodo user therefore know what they are doing.

Hype doesn't last if the program have too many issues. Comodo's fanboys just woke up, now they leave the boat,;)

6882 is still a reliable version without any issues.

most of them used comodo because it was free.

That's far from the case. Who couldn't afford those few dollars? It's the protection of my PC. As I wrote: no virus, no malicious software, no heat, no problems with online banking, etc. What more do I want? Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, Comodo of course - none of them ever found suspicious software - don't know why some attack Comodo and its users.

But that's all from me - why should I justify why I use comodo.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.