App Review Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.8.407941.426 - Autosandbox - MBR-ransomware re-test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
well, I did the CIS installation without firewall. But I got more than I bargained for.
It installs not just autosandbox, but also HIPS. That's not so good, because Kaspersky also has a pretty extensive HIPS.
Even if I disable the COMODO HIPS, but the drivers are still there, and I think they will conflict with KIS, no?
I have no idea, if you disable it, it may not conflict
I temporarily uninstalled it and installed CF to compare the idle CPU usage

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I have no idea, if you disable it, it may not conflict
I temporarily uninstalled it and installed CF to compare the idle CPU usage
thanks. maybe I will just try and see what happens, even though it is against the "rules" to install 2 programs with HIPS.
I do feel an improvement in system responsiveness with CAV instead of CCAV

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
well after a reboot, CIS started to use a bit more CPU in idle. It stayed at 0.1% more frequently than before but sometimes dropped to 0%for a while before staying at 0.1%

CF with the exact same settings + firewall = safe mode now after a reboot is staying at 0% a lot more frequently than CIS. It sometimes jumps to 0.1-0.3% but 80% of the time stays at 0%

So the AV engine does affect a little bit the idle CPU usage of comodo products. The worst is CCAV, which almost never stayed at 0% for me. At least CIS did drop to 0%

Reactions: AtlBo and shmu26

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Did u guys try the Comodo Portable Sandbox?
If you install the Comodo antivirus plug-in in chrome based browsers you get the option to download the portable sandbox.
If I remember correct it does install a sandbox, not portable.
shmu2, you were looking for only the sandbox right?
Maybe you could test this out as well Rain?

/W

Reactions: AtlBo

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Did u guys try the Comodo Portable Sandbox?
If you install the Comodo antivirus plug-in in chrome based browsers you get the option to download the portable sandbox.
If I remember correct it does install a sandbox, not portable.
shmu2, you were looking for only the sandbox right?
Maybe you could test this out as well Rain?

/W
I think it works only with files downloaded with chrome. I just briefly tried it. It's not interesting for me

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
I think it works only with files downloaded with chrome. I just briefly tried it. It's not interesting for me

Are you sure? The Antivirus part does exactly what you described, but I am not so sure the sandbox is connected to the browser in the same way.
I only had it installed for a day, if i remember correct it was installed and all executions went thru it?

/W

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Are you sure? The Antivirus part does exactly what you described, but I am not so sure the sandbox is connected to the browser in the same way.
I only had it installed for a day, if i remember correct it was installed and all executions went thru it?

/W
I didn't have enough time to test it properly because I'm using comodo firewall now so it might not work
I don't if it's updated or not

D

Deleted member 2913

@Evjl's Rain,

Attached is the screenshots of CIS defaults, databases not updated.

Attachments

• CIS1.png
    CIS1.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 367
  • CIS2.png
    CIS2.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 312
  • CIS3.png
    CIS3.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 328

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.