Fel Grossi

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Hi All,
We are happy to announce release of Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.8.407941.426.
This release has major functional changes.

DOWNLOAD:

Path: http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe
SHA-1: 611a97edfb23821ae71ed627b0571d15b4f00ef5

FIXES:
- Protection against Petya Ransomware as reported below:
Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.8.407387.418 Hotfix Version is Released! - News / Announcements / Feedback - CCAV

NEW:
In order to bring efficiency and make CCAV and back-end cloud infrastructure responding to latest unknowns faster, we are rolling out solution in two phases:

1st Phase: This CCAV release.
2nd Phase: Within next two weeks Valkyrie infrastructure changes will be completed.

What does this release mean?

1 - Only applications, which end up running in Sandbox will be submitted to Valkyrie directly and will be classified into Trusted or Malicious on priority basis. Therefore, "Valkyrie Analysis Results" section will only show status of applications, which have run in Sandbox.

2 - You can always submit files to Valkyrie using right click option (i.e. "Comodo Cloud Antivirus --> Submit to Valkyrie") or via "Help --> Submit File" menu.

3 - Applications, which are encountered during scanning (custom or full) and are found absent in Comodo back-end, will be uploaded to Comodo for analysis, same way like we have in Comodo Internet Security.

4 - Now "Settings --> File Rating --> Reported False Positive" has been renamed as "Settings --> File Rating --> Submitted Applications", it will list all applications, which were reported as false-positive or were submitted during on-demand scan. All applications listed in this interface, won't be looked up into Cloud periodically, if you want to know latest status of file verdict, you should re-scan them. As explained earlier, in case applications are executed, cloud lookup is done and if they run in Sandbox, they become part of Valkyrie sub system and looked up periodically so can be classified into Trusted or Malicious quickly.

5 - Rating scan has been removed and instead we use Full scan as default scan upon new installation.

6 - When you update to this latest version, "Valkyrie Analysis Section", will start from zero and show analysis results of applications which going forward run in Sandbox.

After we are done with 2nd phase i.e. server side changes, we can expect following:
A - Cloud lookup problems as have been frequently reported, should disappear.
B - Applications part of "Being Analyzed" section should be cleared out faster rather staying there for long period.

We consider Comodo Cloud Antivirus as future of client side security due to it's light weight, direct Valkyrie integration and Default Deny architecture.

We are committed to make CCAV a better product with every release and need your constant feedback and support.

You should receive program updates.

Thanks
-umesh

D

Deleted member 2913

As per umesh (Dev), Latest CCAV Release

"Trusted Installers
If A.exe drops B.exe and if B.exe is unknown by itself, B.exe will be treated safe if A.exe was safe and installer type.
Unknown Installers
If A.exe drops B.exe and B.exe is unknown by itself, B.exe wll be treated safe if A.exe was allowed by the user i.e selected "Dont isolate again" and installer type."

I did little Usability Test with Trusted Installers & Unknown Installers.
CCAV - Latest Release Defaults
Internet - Connected
CCAV Full Scan Run On The System - No
System - Win 10 64 Pro Anniversary Build Fully Updated
Windows Firewall Defaults
No Other RealTime Security Software Installed
CCAV Installed, System Restarted, ISE Uninstalled & System Restarted

Trusted Installers (CCAV Usability Test)
(Installed Programs & Uninstalled Programs)

Aomei Backupper Pro 4.0.2.0
DeepArmor 3.6 Beta
DriverTalent 6.4.49.150
EaseUS Todo Backup Home 10
Kerish Doctor 4.65
Macrium Reflect Home 6.3.1665.0
VMware Workstation 12.5.1
Nitro Pro 10
RecoverPassword 1.0.0.29
TeraCopy 2.3
VoodooShield 3.5
Western Digital Diagnostics Utility 1.28
FreeFileSync 8.6

Install & Uninstall Result - During install/uninstall, no files of the programs were autosandboxed...Good Job.

Unknown Installers (CCAV Usability Test)
(Installed Programs & Uninstalled Programs)

FortCryptoExtension 2.0
VidCoder 2.47
Windows Firewall Control 4.7.2.0

Install Result - All the Unknown Installers were autosandboxed, I selected "Dont Isolate Again". Ran the Unknown Installers again And during install, no files were autosandboxed...Good Job.

Uninstall Result - During FortCryptoExtension 2.0 & VidCoder 2.47 uninstall, no files of the programs were autosandboxed...Good Job.

Windows Firewall Control 4.7.2.0 - During uninstall, 4 files of the program were autosandboxed And only 1 autosandbox alert was there i.e no autosandbox alerts were there for 3 other autosandboxed files And WFC seemed uninstalled fine.

Overall, I think was an impressive result with my little Trusted & Unknown Installers CCAV Usability Test.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

I like this version & improvements And upcoming version in 2 weeks will make things more better.

But currently I have uninstalled it.
Reason - Rating Scan was replaced with Full Scan And Full Scan takes long time (you guys already know CCAV server issue) And without doing scan of the system, everything runs slow.

If the upcoming release will be good & as promised, I will definitely give it a good & fair chance on my family system.

D

Deleted member 2913

I like this version & improvements And upcoming version in 2 weeks will make things more better.

But currently I have uninstalled it.
Reason - Rating Scan was replaced with Full Scan And Full Scan takes long time (you guys already know CCAV server issue) And without doing scan of the system, everything runs slow.

If the upcoming release will be good & as promised, I will definitely give it a good & fair chance on my family system.
Plus, offcoz, if I have time I will test the upcoming version for usability again to reconfirm Devs reply.

Can anyone give me a list of 5-10 not popular programs But whitelisted by Comodo And 5-10 programs unknown to Comodo?
And would be good if the programs installer size is small & not big (currently testing free trial of a new internet service provider thats 1 gb per day with 72 mbps speed & 128 kbps speed after 1 gb limit of the day is over, next day starts with fresh 1 gb............)

D

Deleted member 2913

By the way, these are the 2 new GUI/Theme selected & will be there in CCAV maximum in/before first half of March 2017.

Attachments

• Opt 2.png
    Opt 2.png
    414.1 KB · Views: 425
  • Opt 5.png
    Opt 5.png
    59 KB · Views: 397
D

Deleted member 2913

Melih mentioned something to the effect that he sees CCAV and CIS being merged at some point in the future.
Yeah, its all confusing....

For CIS, previously they have mentioned like local & cloud AV option will be there in the future i.e you can use only cloud AV too...
For CCAV, previously they have mentioned FW & fetaures will be there in the future.

Lets see how it goes...

D

Deleted member 2913

I just want a simple "block outgoing" for unknown files, not a full firewall.
Keep it light :)

/W
And I want a light FW so going to vote "NO" in your POLL:p...just kidding...:Dalready voted "YES":)

I want a lite FW (optional install) working following way...

Trusted Programs -Allow Connections
Unknown Programs Allowed by users i.e "dont isolate again" (programs are added to trusted & run out of sandbox) - Allow Connections too
Unknown Programs - Block Connections

Basically, if programs are trusted/user allowed, allow connections too otherwise block.

Options ---
Ask for unknown
Auto allow/block unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.