Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
just wondering: why do you want both programs? The Antivirus component of CCAV is basically worthless. I just turned it off altogether.
CCAV has good rating recently in last month's test for its dynamic performance. For on-demand I'll choose another AV to cover it

AV Test - MalwareTips Cumulative Report - November 2016

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
CCAV has good rating recently in last month's test for its dynamic performance. For on-demand I'll choose another AV to cover it

AV Test - MalwareTips Cumulative Report - November 2016
Comodo version tested in MWHub was "Comodo Internet Security Premium v8.4.0.5165 (free)", and You can see that static rate of detection is very poor, dynamic was great but not because the anti-virus module or BB, but the integrated sandbox...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
OK, you are right.
if you want a simplified autosandbox (but protection is still strong), use CCAV new version
if you want control over settings + firewall + HIPS, go with CFW new version

in either case, use a 3rd party AV, if you want adequate AV protection (but this is not a must, because autosandbox is strong)

EDIT: If you are on windows 8 or 10, you can use Windows Defender

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
This is the only antivirus product where align more on sandbox mechanism rather main core protection.

Honestly it defeats the usability of majority ones, thus considered to be not user friendly.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The cloud servers are not functioning at all. This is ridiculous. It scans 1 file during initial rating scan and just never goes anywhere past that 1 file.
it doesn't matter, because the detection rate is terrible even if cloud is available. Just focus on the autosandbox, which is greatly improved.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
it doesn't matter, because the detection rate is terrible even if cloud is available. Just focus on the autosandbox, which is greatly improved.

See, this is exactly the same problem Comodo people have. They have 75% of the app broken, but they keep excusing that with "awesome amazing super secure sandbox". That's like saying car has a loosen wheel, engine is only running on 2 cylinders and AC doesn't work, but airbags are absolutely flawless. Just no. Their stupid cloud servers are broken ever since they released the damn CCAV and instead of getting better it's now 5 times worse. In the beginning it even worked. Then it was at least reconnecting with constant disconnects and now it's just dead. Same with their Valkyrie. They keep on posting changelogs about its improvements and yet it's still the same slow unreliable crap as it was on day 1. It's absolutely insane.

I keep wanting Comodo to be good and yet I just can't get past their stupid ignorant fanboyish community and their perpetually broken programs. I mean, they do have one of the best ideas, but they are absolutely the worst when it comes at their execution. And their harassment of people who point that out is not helping at all. And the result is why their programs are a broken mess. Again, I just don't understand their logic.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I know (from the part where you say its detection sucks), I was just talking in general. They keep denying real problems with excuse of "You have sandbox". "Default Deny" is indeed their tag line...
I agree with you that it does not inspire confidence in the product when half the features don't behave as expected.
That is what I like about ReHIPS. It is rock solid, it behaves as expected, period.

D

Deleted member 2913

Valkyrie/Cloud is useless yet.

Detection depends on how Valkyrie will work in CCAV & Valkyrie database.

If you rightclick & run installers sandboxed & cancel installation mid-way, you cannot close the window And you have to go into the GUI to reset sandbox.
If I remember correctly, I had mentioned the prob with the early versions of CCAV And its still not fixed.

I think like CIS, autosandbox shouldn't be cleared automatically on programs close/exit in CCAV. And "Unblock Applications" should be there in CCAV with anything/everything sandboxed/blocked registered there.

A lite firewall would be good (customize option to install/not install AV/FW, etc features/components).

Reactions: nikos200

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Yes, unknown, sandboxed files should have some sort of firewall/block for outgoing connections.
And of course all of the above said...

/W

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.