Reactions: Kent

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
A cloud based AV is useless without good cloud signatures :p
Yes that is what I think too I think it will be a waste of time because their signatures at the moment not trying to be mean to Comodo but horrible.

H

hjlbx

Yes that is what I think too I think it will be a waste of time because their signatures at the moment not trying to be mean to Comodo but horrible.

Comodo will just say "You have sandbox so you have no need of AV that detects better. AV is included to improve usability."

This is Melih's official stance.

H

hjlbx

Comodo would probably be much more successful if they introduced stand-alone sandbox that improved upon Sandboxie.

Sandboxie has no real competitor so there is room for another light-virtualization vendor.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Comodo would probably be much more successful if they introduced stand-alone sandbox that improved upon Sandboxie.

Sandboxie has no real competitor so there is room for another light-virtualization vendor.

It will be my future config cloud security + sandbox + windows firewall controll very light (comodo AV+sandbox+windows firewall controll +UAC+ on daemon scaner .-)))we'll see what we can do deployed comodo valkyrie.

H

hjlbx

Yeah, I'm waiting for Comodo Valkyrie too. Lots of users claim it's great...

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
"You have sandbox so you have no need of AV that detects better. AV is included to improve usability."

Better stated, Protection is preferable to Detection which is the current trend in the Enterprise space where virtualization with Dynamic Analysis is stressed. This renders even malware VM aware techniques pointless as they will also be detected.

D

Deleted member 2913

I have always used CIS minus AV. As their AV detection is just ok & huge size.

I like Comodo Cloud AV with AutoSandbox concept. Mostly Cloud AVs dont have good offline protection but AutoSandbox will provide good offline protection.

Valkyrie is the best detection technology from Comodo house. Lets see how they incorporate it fully in CIS & CCAV. It will surely take Comodo AV detection to top level.

Reactions: Davidov
D

Deleted member 2913

And I do hope in the upcoming CCAV & CIS 9 they give an "option" to "ask" instead of autosandboxing files for expert users.
I hate to go into GUI to unsandbox files that I would have allowed to run normal in the first place.
And return of purge option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: VladDracul
D

Deleted member 178

Melhi is actually quite slow, im waiting for his new photoshop artwork for Comodo Cloud , unless he decided to use Corel :D

snnsnn

Jul 18, 2014
Melhi is actually quite slow, im waiting for his new photoshop artwork for Comodo Cloud , unless he decided to use Corel :D

It's Melih, not Melhi. Before anybody claims otherwise no I'm not a comodo fanboy, hell I don't even like Melih.

On topic I think this will end up in the bin with time machine, but hope that won't be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.