Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I really think that CCAV is going to be great.

Let's see if it turns out that way, I'm really curious to see how the user base is going to receive it!

H

hjlbx

Hi all

Here is a new info about Comodo Cloud AV Scanner from BuketB

CCAV Hotfix is available today ; Performance issues solved ! - Beta Corner - CCAV | Page 9

Hi All,

After discussions with development team, we decided to make a Second Beta release for CCAV by 8th of December before the major release.

For your kind attention please

Best Regards
Buket

With best Regards
Mops21

That so many safe, legitimate files are still Unrecognized by Comodo Cloud is still going to be a major problem...

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
They don't focus on real problems.
The whitelist is a problem. Bugs are a problem too.
There is no heuristic and I don't think it's normal for a security software in 2015.

Reactions: Andrew999
I

illumination

That so many safe, legitimate files are still Unrecognized by Comodo Cloud is still going to be a major problem...
CIS still flags safe files as well, like intel's security assist helper... The difference between CIS and CCAV will be the manual whitelisting for average users made easier. Right clicking the application and add it to "trusted" or manually clicking on the GUI in the add trusted applications.. Pretty simple compared to manually adding something in CIS, where one part deems a file known and safe and another part shows it unknown..

There is no heuristic and I don't think it's normal for a security software in 2015.

Most already know that the AV module will not be the strong link of this combo, this products backbone will be the autosandbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

CIS still flags safe files as well, like intel's security assist helper... The difference between CIS and CCAV will be the manual whitelisting for average users made easier. Right clicking the application and add it to "trusted" or manually clicking on the GUI in the add trusted applications.. Pretty simple compared to manually adding something in CIS, where one part deems a file known and safe and another part shows it unknown..

I've been testing CCAV. I used the above method. It does not always work correctly. Even Exiting CCAV, it still auto-sandboxes some Unrecognized files.

Perhaps the only way to prevent the auto-sandboxing of Unrecognized installers\updaters is to add them to the "Do Not Sandbox = Trusted" list prior to execution.

The discrepancy in file ratings in CIS is confusing - I admit. If it is a digitally signed installer\updater from a vendor on the Trusted Vendor List - dependent upon settings - all Unrecognized modules\files will be rated\treated as Trusted. However, when you lookup certain files using File List > right-click > Lookup - or use KillSwitch - you will find that they are rated as Unrecognized or Unknown by Comodo.

The fact is that those files are, indeed, are Unknown to Comodo - but your settings have forced CIS to rate them as Trusted for usability... and also because Comodo is way behind in the file rating game.

Unknown = Unrecognized; Comodo uses both terms interchangeably - which causes confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

illumination

I've been testing CCAV. I used the above method. It does not always work correctly. Even Exiting CCAV, it still auto-sandboxes some Unrecognized files.

Perhaps the only way to prevent the auto-sandboxing of Unrecognized installers\updaters is to add them to the "Do Not Sandbox = Trusted" list prior to execution.

I just started testing it yesterday in the VM, and have only thrown a handful of applications at it, and so far all was good, but i will test further.

I

illumination

The discrepancy in file ratings in CIS is confusing - I admit. If it is a digitally signed installer\updater from a vendor on the Trusted Vendor List - dependent upon settings - all Unrecognized modules\files will be rated\treated as Trusted. However, when you lookup certain files using File List > right-click > Lookup - or use KillSwitch - you will find that they are rated as Unrecognized or Unknown by Comodo.

The fact is that those files are, indeed, are Unknown to Comodo - but your settings have forced CIS to rate them as Trusted for usability... and also because Comodo is way behind in the file rating game.

Unknown = Unrecognized; Comodo uses both terms interchangeably - which causes confusion.
Upon testing more applications, some of which i do not normally use on my machine but knew would trigger CCAV, i have discovered you are quite correct. After allowing me to whitelist Open Candy from the Utorrent installer, CCAV proceeded to hammer away two files at a time of Utorrent in the autosandbox, sometimes the same files i just told it to trust, popped back up again, indeed, it needs some work..

dCJHgM5.png

H

hjlbx

Upon testing more applications, some of which i do not normally use on my machine but knew would trigger CCAV, i have discovered you are quite correct. After allowing me to whitelist Open Candy from the Utorrent installer, CCAV proceeded to hammer away two files at a time of Utorrent in the autosandbox, sometimes the same files i just told it to trust, popped back up again, indeed, it needs some work..

dCJHgM5.png

@illumination

Thanks for posting confirmation of the issue.

Reactions: illumination
D

Deleted member 2913

As per Devs Local TVL is there & is embedded in CCAV.

And as per Devs before 8th Dec there will be Beta 2.
And as per Devs CCAV Final in the 2nd week of Dec.

Few new info as per Devs -
Quick scan is a similar function line rating scan, ask option instead of autosandbox is done, enable/disable options for protection management is done, reset sandbox is currently done automatically.
Beta release will be done with Valkyrie integration. After beta release we will focus on the bugs and improvements until the major release for sure.

Dont know if the Final is still planned for 2nd week of Dec..I have requested info in Comodo forum about this.

Reactions: nikos200

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @all

The final Version of Comodo Cloud AV Scanner will be comes at the end of Dezember 2015. The info is from BuketB

We will have multiple language support with the next week's beta release today it is planned for 10th of December .

By the end of December we plan to make a major release for the built,

For your kind information

Buket

With best Regards
Mops21

D

Deleted member 178

They should allow the use of CCAV + CFW, but of course they don't because they put the sandbox in it !
Comodo's motto is "why do simple when we can do complicated" ... :rolleyes:

Reactions: rebel4life
H

hjlbx

Hi @all

The final Version of Comodo Cloud AV Scanner will be comes at the end of Dezember 2015. The info is from BuketB

We will have multiple language support with the next week's beta release today it is planned for 10th of December .

By the end of December we plan to make a major release for the built,

For your kind information

Buket

With best Regards
Mops21

So CCA is Comodo's "Sandbox-Only" version of Comodo Sandbox ?

Where's the version without AV that was stated to be released at end of December ?

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
So CCA is Comodo's "Sandbox-Only" version of Comodo Sandbox ?

Where's the version without AV that was stated to be released at end of December ?
Yeah, pretty much. But since the product would seem too "naked" with just the Auto-Sandbox module, they took the antivirus part to the Cloud. :D

Still, it is supposed to be WAY lighter than CAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.