Comodo Dns in action against a malicious link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Product name
Comodo Dns ,Comodo CIS
Pros
  • Comodo Dns in sprung in action against a malicious link ;even when WOT showed green rating for the malicious website................
CONS
NIL
BOTTOM LINE
Comodo products are not so bad ;)

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
wot.JPG
dns.JPG

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo DNS catches a URL and an instant 4 star product rating. Interesting way of producing a review.

Submit the URL in URLVoid and VirusTotal to see how well known it is or not. WOT is mostly community based, Antivirus website advisers are based on detecting malware on the sites code, or if they host/spread malware.

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Submitted the URL in URLVoid and VirusTotal;both show the link clean.......May be zero day exploit? :eek:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Just a false positive by Comodo DNS, it takes them forever to remove false positives from their database the main reason I don't recommend using it.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: kmr1684

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
Just a false positive by Comodo DNS, it takes them forever to remove false positives from their database the main reason I don't recommend using it.

it takes them forever to remove false positives from their database the main reason I don't recommend using it.
best words to express the truth,:cool: sorry no offense to anybody or any products,:oops: because i am also fanyboy of comodo D+ steel armor ones upon a time. :D:p

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013

I reported it to Comodo for whitelisting. It also has a digital signature, I reported it too.
Maybe! But CIS is not sandboxing Downloadninja anymore after the latest virus update ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.