Status
Not open for further replies.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
1- be sure they are real malware, because a "malware" that sit and does nothing isn't a malware.
2- be sure to run dynamic tests.
3- gives the VT links.
Malware are my only mistake was that I deleted it without wanting to do it. I always keep malware for a couple of days. But it has been so.

Reactions: AtlBo

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well: I've been looking for where I downloaded the malware. and I do not know if they are the same, but this time there have been two that the behavior detector has failed, but the Comodo Sandbox firewall does not. : Here are the links of the two malwares:
Antivirus scan for ddf4a2ef4597033f7b9cd8f487e7a9ddbf7fffc16dc5e50e676af046c7f2ba41 at 2017-10-29 14:31:56 UTC - VirusTotal
Antivirus scan for abbd035fffd42facc51a33d3dcf015d858a0d5eb570cb4ae9907a8303352497a at 2017-10-29 13:44:30 UTC - VirusTotal

Attachments

• explorer_2017-10-29_16-18-02.png
    explorer_2017-10-29_16-18-02.png
    197.3 KB · Views: 444
  • 2017-10-29_16-15-21.png
    2017-10-29_16-15-21.png
    254.4 KB · Views: 358
  • explorer_2017-10-29_16-17-08.png
    explorer_2017-10-29_16-17-08.png
    329.1 KB · Views: 379

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
The behavioral detection module works inside the sandbox .. You can get out it. it is called viruscope..I do not remember if it was in advanced configuration or in the container.

The behavior modules are not perfect.

Bribon I was watching your images. BBs do not work when scanning. They work with samples LIVE .. You have to execute them for the modules to work ...

So you must put yourself at risk for them to run. If they do not work, you become infected.

Last edited:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
The behavioral detection module works inside the sandbox .. You can get out it. it is called viruscope..I do not remember if it was in advanced configuration or in the container.

The behavior modules are not perfect.

Bribon I was watching your images. BBs do not work when scanning. They work with samples LIVE .. You have to execute them for the modules to work ...

So you must put yourself at risk for them to run. If they do not work, you become infected.
Friend Klaklen: It's what I did. I clicked on it. and nothing happened and Comodo if I act

Reactions: AtlBo and klaken

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Bribon ... shhh. They will think that we are working together. XD

Ok is that it seemed analysis ..
BB failure emisoft XD ..

And if you deactivate the sandbox .. Which part of comfortable act ??? .. Hip or just the firewall.

Reactions: AtlBo and bribon77

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
I forgot according to my experience .. Comodo acts before the antivirus .. Therefore if you run a file usually comodo blocks it before ..

To make cash you have to disable Comodo XP ..

that's why it's ideal to make your own suiT XD.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I forgot according to my experience .. Comodo acts before the antivirus .. Therefore if you run a file usually comodo blocks it before ..

To make cash you have to disable Comodo XP ..

that's why it's ideal to make your own suiT XD.

That if possible.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I've disabled Sandbox VirusEscope, website filters. And in this case it has worked! It looks like the Comodo Firewall sandbox advances before the EAM detector.
2017-10-30_00-29-16.png

Reactions: ZeroDay and AtlBo
D

Deleted member 178

You have to know that when you use various software, Windows gives a number to each software's drivers, which is like a "queue" number called Altitude; so if one software's drivers has a lower number, it will react first.

Allocated Altitudes

(note that the driver of emsisoft mentioned there is old, we use another one since, which isn't listed, the list seems obsolete)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

So unless your name is Umbra and you are a combo masterchef, don't use combos without researching first :p

And i believe i was among the first to combine EAM + Comodo FW / IS years ago :)

Last edited by a moderator:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
So unless your name is Umbra and you are a combo masterchef, don't use combos without researching first :p

And i believe i was among the first to combine EAM + Comodo FW / IS years ago :)
Yes and I visited your blog. what a scare I have taken.

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Comodo takes protection by denial.
The antivirus or BB, both use signatures although in different ways .. BB seeks behavior by generally assigning malware.

Comodo was based on old school protection. With alerts of actions of the applications.

A home user usually only uses the browser (facebook, mail) and office, do not install, do not test things ... with a lock configuration and 0 notifications = 100% SECURE AND WILL NOT DARE the comodo.

Also comodo is 100% free without advertising .... XD

Reactions: bribon77 and AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I'm not saying having a sb is no good. I'm questioning the use practicality aspect of it. IMO a HIPS(heuristics-based) + BB(behavioral-based) is a better and more practical approach than using a sb noting that each technology (sb, HIPS, BB) has its limitations

For me the primary limitation if there is one is the user requirement to see the alert and choose to run restricted. However and as mentioned, Comodo will sandbox unrecognized/unsigned or improperly signed without an alert with an alteration of the settings from those used in the video (I think the Comodo default may actually be to not see the privilege escalation alert...can't recall). @cruelsister simply uses this run restricted option with no alert.

I run some unsigned software, so I use the alerts to allow them, knowing the risk. At any rate, for me, this is where I would like to see Comodo become the name to trust for recognition of sketchy signatures. I mean, the company issues digital signatures themselves, so being known this way would be of value to the company. I want to trust Cloud Lookup but so far I choose to trust the av (avast or Qihoo) to provide more information on the unsigned programs I am without question going to run. It's working so I am happy with the arrangement. Mostly this is because I only run software that I know I can trust. Maybe more CCleaner episodes are out there but I haven't been hit yet.

Comodo's BB is weak. Can it compare to BB from EAM, BitDefender, Norton etc?

For me, BB response is like a specialized HIPS response. It can be more sophisticated than HIPS, of course, but this is how I think of BB. Well, in Comodo, what about its heuristic command line monitoring...is this not BB? When I examine the authority in methodologies of protection, heuristic command line monitoring is the one that comes to my mind as the single absolutely indispensable element of security that must be on every system. Comodo does have this going for it, even if Viruscope is still non-functional/non-existent.

Overall, I guess if I would point to an area where Comodo can improve, I would say it might be in settings packages that are easy to understand. Difficult challenge maybe, but I do feel this would add to the program. One other thing would be to make the alerts match the risk a little bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.