Comodo Dragon 23.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Thread author
Comodo Dragon 23.2 is now available for download from the following link:

Comodo Dragon Download

This release introduces PrivAlert extension, a brand new anti-tracking browser tool. The purpose of PrivAlert is to detect trackers and malicious behavior of websites that you browse. The user is then notified about all that and can block them.

What's new:
- Dragon is based on Chromium 23.0.1271.97.
- Dragon now includes PrivAlert extension.

Fixed:
- Prevent "Did you mean..." message from showing when performing searches.
- Show plugin placeholder when Flash Player plugin is not enabled.
- Fixed "click to play" for plugins.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Is PrivAlert extension based on Ghostery or Do Not Track Plus? because it looks very similar.

Also is PrivAlert extension available for Google Chrome or is it only included with Dragon?

Thanks.:D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
rebel4life said:
i dont have that new plugin PrivAlert on my dragon 23.2

Check your extensions, if it is not there then try re-installing.

I installed the portable version and it has PrivAlert.

I

illumination

Thread author
Littlebits said:
Is PrivAlert extension based on Ghostery or Do Not Track Plus? because it looks very similar.

Also is PrivAlert extension available for Google Chrome or is it only included with Dragon?

From what im gathering in the forum, it is a new product, still in first stages of development, it is expected to be built up over time. PrivAlert is set to be much more than just anti-tracking tool. It will have its own website and forum up in a few short days according to the forum. I had an update come up this evening for Dragon, and it was there, i had to manually enable the Threats List, and seems to working quite well so far.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Littlebits said:

Melih says that it isn't based on anything else. I think with any sort of extension that does something similar, the results can be expected to be similar.

It's currently a part of Dragon, but the plans are to make it a standalone extension. It will ultimately do far more than it does at the moment.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i have always that doubt, does Dragon has the sandboxing feature of Chrome?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
No it is totally different ! privalert doesnt have "beacons" ! :rolleyes: :p

I

illumination

Thread author
Umbra Corp. said:
No it is totally different ! privalert doesnt have "beacons" ! :rolleyes: :p

Trackers/beacons whats the difference? :p :D

Melih's response when questioned on this:
all these are companies.....threats....
google analytics, blue kai etc etc...if there are 18...then there are 18 companies...we are extending the reach..if we missed any pls let us know.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would stick with DoNotTrackMe (by Abine), if I used anti-trackers.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
i have always that doubt, does Dragon has the sandboxing feature of Chrome?

Yes, as with any Chromium based browser. Although I don't believe Chromium sandboxes Flash Player like Chrome does. (I could be mistaken, I don't use it)

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Not all chromium based browsers have flash player inbuilt like google's chrome. So sandboxing for flash and other plugins (eg pdf ) is specific to chrome.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Comodo Dragon v.23.4.0.0 released:

What's new:
1. Renames Site Inspector extension to Web Inspector.
2. Removed PrivAlert extension.

PrivAlert was temporary removed because we didn't consider it stable enough. we'll come back in couple of weeks with a new version.

http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/comodo-dragon-ver-234-is-now-available-for-download-t89218.0.html

Enjoy!!:D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Littlebits said:
2. Removed PrivAlert extension.

PrivAlert was temporary removed because we didn't consider it stable enough. we'll come back in couple of weeks with a new version.

not the first time they released unfinished things :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is Umbra turning his back on Comodo??? Haha :p

If possible, Comodo should attempt to integrate their features into Dragon, rather than extensions.

What is PrivAlert?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
a kind of Ghostery-style feature

Currently, but the goal is for it to do far more in the future. I can't say any more than that at the moment, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.