App Review Comodo Firewall against Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
D

Deleted member 2913

I haven't used CIS/CFW recently so dont know if anything changed?
AutoSandbox have an option "Enable source tracking"...this could create probs with your backup program as it changes ADS of files.
I had probs with FreeFileSync. I use to calculate & synchronize files. On recalculating it use to mention the same files again...something like this.
Later I knew the prob was due to source tracking autosandbox option. After uninstalling CFW, no probs.
Source tracking enhances usability but as mentioned the prob with backup programs.

Dont know if the prob was specific to FreeFileSync or other/any backup programs?
Dont know if anything have changed regards source tracking autosandbox in CIS/CFW or not?

mamamia

Level 3
Verified
Feb 27, 2016
I frequently read that Comodo is complicated and is something for advanced users.

You said that Qihoo+CF and Kaspersky are very good choices, but you do few tests with Kaspersky and recently, you haven't done any. You should do a new test with Kaspersky.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
It's hard for me to do a K test as I have a personal issue with them that has nothing to do with the quality of their products. However I must give them credit as they took the lack of Boot Time protection that I pointed out in a previous video seriously and now offer such protection in the current product line.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Another successful test-out of CFW`s autosandboxing abilities and not even on max settings:eek:.

Just wondering does anybody realise how light on system resources CFW is ? I run it with out a hitch on an old HP Evo laptop with only half a gig of RAM..:cool:

Thanks for demo C.S. much appreciated

Regards Eck:)

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Great review! +1

As for all the sub-discussion.

I personally do not have a problem with the company per-se

Melih can be quite annoying with his relentless chants every time I stop by the forums

And lastly the only real problems I have with he product are the few bugs I find here and there.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.