Advice Request COMODO Firewall blocks "Windows operating system"

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Good morning, COMODO Firewall keeps blocking this "Windows operating system". I checked the rules but it has one to allow all requests! What should I do? Thanks in advance. I tried to unlock the application but, after few second, it blocks it again
windows.PNG windows1.PNG windows2.PNG

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
In Windows Updater applications one is missing. But I didn't edit the rules by myself. It's in file groups under file rating.
Is this the famous disappearing rule bug?
app.PNG

Reactions: AtlBo and Syafiq
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

About the missing file, it is because i have a 64-bit Windows and you are maybe using 32-bit. I have no idea, you might try to repair Comodo Firewall. But if your real problem is other than not being able to access the internet, i don't think ARP blocking is a problem. Unless DHCP doesn't work and you don't have set manually IP address.
I also have this in my logs.
upload_2017-9-2_18-39-21.png

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
About the missing file, it is because i have a 64-bit Windows and you are maybe using 32-bit. I have no idea, you might try to repair Comodo Firewall. But if your real problem is other than not being able to access the internet, i don't think ARP blocking is a problem. Unless DHCP doesn't work and you don't have set manually IP address.
I also have this in my logs.
View attachment 165856
Using 64-bit too

Reactions: AtlBo

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
If I let the ARP on, there will be issues or not? I don't see any problem when using my PC, just all these requests blocked

Reactions: AtlBo

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Assuming you have firewall at reasonable settings, you can probably solve the problem by putting firewall in learning mode for a couple reboots.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I know this is an old thread, but the issue is still very relevant.
There is an interesting discussion about it on the Comodo forum:
The main point I understood from the discussion over there is that in most cases, this is not a cause for worry. Sometimes, a network connection gets "fragmented" and Comodo firewall blocks it for security reasons.

Last edited:

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Yeah, this is an old thread. I do no longer use COMODO on my systems because I prefer to harden windows with registry tweaks (it doesn't affect the performance of my computer), however I remeber that when ARP was enabled it was continously blocking these kind of requests on a clean system. I read the thread on COMODO forums and I also had the problem of being unable to use WPA2 enterprise networks with ARP enabled

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.