App Review Comodo Firewall Containment vs Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
cruelsister

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
More of a settings review, nut note that CF works fine on Win 11. Also, although not specified directly in the video, note the blocking of the spawned vbs script in sample 1 as the on by default) Comodo Script Analysis kicked in.
I don't know CF in depth, but I still wonder about one thing, after Comodo firewall is installed, do we need to do anything ourselves such as reset the container or is everything automatic and any attacks and files automatically removed by Comodo itself and deleted?

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
I thought The Comodo firewall was discontinued. If not where can we download thelatest firewall version only for windows 11?Thks
Surprisingly no! was so happy to learn yesterday through this thread that good old wonderful Comodo is going to get two updates this year along with (hopefully) a UI refresh (not that a UI refresh matters) but still.... :) Amazing news ❤️
♥️

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Would these type files be executed by a drive by or an email attachment? If all exes and scripts are blocked, how would any of these runs?

Reactions: simmerskool

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I don't know CF in depth, but I still wonder about one thing, after Comodo firewall is installed, do we need to do anything ourselves such as reset the container or is everything automatic and any attacks and files automatically removed by Comodo itself and deleted?
Personally I always do a manual reset of Containment from the GUI daily. Although not at all necessary, I consider it a simple Best Practice.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
You have a link to latest firewall only download please
An easy way is here: Download Comodo Firewall - MajorGeeks

Would these type files be executed by a drive by or an email attachment? If all exes and scripts are blocked, how would any of these runs?
Timely question! There have been a great many different RATs that are being pushed through Email that are NOT in the form of exe's. Just happens that I have a video already prepared on this very point (of course done in stunning 480p and text boxes which is part of my charm).

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
obviously (I assume) @cruelsister is running cf in vm_guest win11, any special considerations for installing cf in VMware Player / Workstation v16 on win10 guest?

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I noticed you didn't check the option "do not show pop up alerts" and set it to deny requests as in previous videos.
That was on the HIPS screen which I showed just to point out that the HIPS was not enabled. If the HIPS module was being used it would have been checked. Apologies for any confusion.

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
That was on the HIPS screen which I showed just to point out that the HIPS was not enabled. If the HIPS module was being used it would have been checked. Apologies for any confusion.
So sorry! I didn't specify I meant in the firewall settings, my bad.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.