Advice Request Comodo Firewall/cs Version does it Protect against Ransomware?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I am now currently using WD+Andy Ful's Configure Defender plus CFW/cs version. So far, no hiccups. I know WD has Ransomware Protection but it seems so convoluted to set up and use, that I ignored it.

I was wondering whether CFW/cs alone can protect against Ransomware? If not, what should I add?

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Greetings, if you are using Comodo Firewall with the configuration / CS. Do not fear the Rasomwares, I've tried some. and none has come out of the sandbox.:giggle:

Well that is good enough for me. One less additional program to add and/or worry about:).

Btw, are you running WD along with CF/cs or something else?

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I've been running WD with Configure Defender ( high profile)and Comodo Firewall at CS settings plus HIPS. No hiccups . Over a year for Comodo and over a month for Configure Defender. Very good performance so far for both of them.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I have read much here about CF HIPS. With C's settings is it really necessary or just redundant and a talkative component?

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I have read much here about CF HIPS. With C's settings is it really necessary or just redundant and a talkative component?
Even if you disable the HIPS, some HIPS feature are still active.
For example, protected objects and script analysis (fileless malware protection).

Of course, HIPS on gives you an higher level of protection (for example if you let an anknown file run outside the sandbox), but it will also cause much more alerts and popups.

So, it really depends on you :)

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
If you put HIPS in learning mode for 20 minutes and click on your main apps, Comodo will build HIPS rules for those apps and you won't get alerts when updating.But if you like to test new apps, very often, HIPS can be hell...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.