- Behavioral Blocker/Auto-sandbox is top-notch
    - Very configurable
    - With the right settings, almost completely silent
    - Includes a virtual desktop
    - Firewall (in my tests) is impenetrable
    - Cloud Scanner is very good
CONS
- Viruscope feature almost non-existent
- Some tools are unresponsive (submitting files to Comodo)
- Buggy UI
- Installation is bundled with other Comodo products
- For complete protection, not suitable for basic users
- Remnants even after uninstall
BOTTOM LINE
Last version (v7) is a little bit buggy, but still Comodo Firewall is for me the best choice out there.

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
I've been using (and testing) Comodo Firewall for ever!!
I've never had a problem with it. Some may have encountered, of course, but, hey!, it's a firewall!:oops:
In my system, it has performed beautifully..
Thanks for reading!

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
I thought HIPS was disable by default in their new releases, but if enable it's very talkative?
It is in the beggining, but you can surely make it silent..
First scan your PC with its Rating Scan, then make sure (be absolutely sure!!!) that your PC is clean and switch HIPS mode to Clean PC Mode. With this config, I haven't had an alert for over a month..

Reactions: silversurfer

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Viruscope disable by default, it has bugs (in other words it is not working)
Yeah, I know.. I had it enabled (for testing purposes, obviously). Even Comodo itself recommends disabling it. Absolutely, in The Bad. Could have stayed in beta..

Reactions: silversurfer

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Mine

My CFW is not block the Avira website :eek:

Hi yigido :)

That's what I am confused at...there are some that have both Avira + CIS that aren't..? But on my end it is getting blocked. Was about to post at the Comodo forums until I saw some similar threads there. So I decided that I'll wait it out until the next update. I'll just have to use the MVPS host file which I edit :)

Reactions: yigido
Y

yigido

Hi yigido :)

That's what I am confused at...there are some that have both Avira + CIS that aren't..? But on my end it is getting blocked. Was about to post at the Comodo forums until I saw some similar threads there. So I decided that I'll wait it out until the next update. I'll just have to use the MVPS host file which I edit :)
New version is soo near to us, just wait ;)

Y

yigido

Reactions: OneDay and NSG001

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
thanks for the review!

I use comodo firewall now since one week and am very happy with it... :)
once you have made the correct settings then all is really simple. I will continue to use comodo firewall... ;)

Reactions: yigido

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
Comodo forum actually is at the image of this buggy piece of crap software
Moderators are agressive; they dont tolerate any different opinions; updates are a far promise but never come.
If it was a wonderfull stable and safe software, why not but it's a dangerous (for the system) full of bugs one

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I`ve never had a problem with running comodo on XP,Vista or WIN7 bug wise that is.

I dont like the run around when installing it i.e. geekbuddy, privedog(whatever it`s called) etc.The "experts" here and elsewhere describe the firewall as useless and the av component as not much better.There are gimicky things that are under developed or dont work e.g. virus scope. Hackers apparently at some conference were able to by pass the firewall easily and the list goes on......

On the other hand it is extremly light on resourses, the HIPS appear to be as good as ever,the autosandbox/BB works and though the av is not the best it`s not the worst either and maybe it doesnt have to be stellar as the main protection is via HIPS/BB ?

It`s also free.

Most youtube reviewers give Comodo the thumbs up(I know their not exactly the same as lab tests).Maybe some of Comodo`s detractors could knock up a few videos showing the flaws ? Maybe these detractors actually work for rival companies........spooky....maybe probably not though ?

V5 seems to the most well recieved version I wonder if the firewall fares better than the later versions.(there was a firewall review over at wilders not so long ago and most of the major firewalls failed and windows own came out on top).Hopefully V8 will get back on track though I suspect the custom install will still be needed.

I still have it on a friends/family computers and that is real world testing in itself so far so good.

Regards Eck:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.