- Behavioral Blocker/Auto-sandbox is top-notch
    - Very configurable
    - With the right settings, almost completely silent
    - Includes a virtual desktop
    - Firewall (in my tests) is impenetrable
    - Cloud Scanner is very good
CONS
- Viruscope feature almost non-existent
- Some tools are unresponsive (submitting files to Comodo)
- Buggy UI
- Installation is bundled with other Comodo products
- For complete protection, not suitable for basic users
- Remnants even after uninstall
BOTTOM LINE
Last version (v7) is a little bit buggy, but still Comodo Firewall is for me the best choice out there.

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hi
I won't tell the story again but comodo quite nuke one of my past laptop and gave me BSOD on a different one; only because comodo is not able to recognize a nvdia driver update; their support is non existent in such case; i can't recommand this product for majority of users as they are not able to make something reallt stable and safe
Protection is good but a good product has also to be safe to use and not always full of bugs

V5 was good but then it falls in dark way in my opinion

Regards

Reactions: NSG001

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Sorry to hear of your terrible experience @alexp79
They always promise great things, maybe one day that promise will be fulfilled ;)

Reactions: alexp79

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
In the past, comodo was good. But lately it seems that all the releases are very buggy, and if you check their changelog, the fixed over 300 bugs in version 7. That is far too much.

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
In the past, comodo was good. But lately it seems that all the releases are very buggy, and if you check their changelog, the fixed over 300 bugs in version 7. That is far too much.
I don't know if that's really a bad thing or shows that developers are still working hard to fix them. And if you take a look at their forum, most bugs have to do with incompatibilities with drivers and other software. They don't have to do with the core of the program. And incompatibilities are very common with powerful programs such Comodo. If you read another thread of mine, Online Armor had also some incompatibilities in my system with the Opera browser. It happens...

Reactions: silversurfer

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
I don't know if that's really a bad thing or shows that developers are still working hard to fix them. And if you take a look at their forum, most bugs have to do with incompatibilities with drivers and other software. They don't have to do with the core of the program. And incompatibilities are very common with powerful programs such Comodo. If you read another thread of mine, Online Armor had also some incompatibilities in my system with the Opera browser. It happens...

Its shows that they did not test their software well before hand. And if you look closely, for the past few version 7 releases for comodo internet security, the have fixed BSOD errors each time.

ArabianKnight

Oct 9, 2014
I use the full Comodo suite and it does a very good job as a firewall, I also love the how you can configure many settings. Great review by the way!

Reactions: OneDay

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.