Advice Request Comodo IceDragon 64-bit download link?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Hello! I have been trying to get a download link for Comodo IceDragon the 64-bit version but I was not so lucky.
icedragon.comodo.com gives you the 32-bit version.
I have also looked on their forums but with no luck. Does anyone here have a link for that? Thank you in advance :)

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Thank you very much for the link :D

Their website is outdated -_-
cid.PNG

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
- they add 2 -3 in-house useless extensions.
- set a useless DNS.
- updates are way behind the original version , means you are using a weaker browser.

i think i summed it up.

I have been testing the 64bit version of Comodo, you can disable the in house extensions which I have, except the online security one to see how it works and opt not to use their DNS during installation, which I did, but you are right about being behind the original version, it is definitely a downside.

Edit: Oops never mind I am using Comodo Dragon 64bit not Ice Dragon I have not tested that one yet.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I have been testing the 64bit version of Comodo, you can disable the in house extensions which I have, except the online security one to see how it works and opt not to use their DNS during installation, which I did, but you are right about being behind the original version, it is definitely a downside.

Edit: Oops never mind I am using Comodo Dragon 64bit not Ice Dragon I have not tested that one yet.

The installer did not ask me about their DNS. Moreover, whenever I search for sth using CID I get a certificate error

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
And hoe about the data and telemetry they harvest ;):)
Ice dragon is pretty much just worse than firefox itself

But comodo dragon ( chromium) is offering alot more compared to google chrome
+ google safe browsing
+ their own secure dns
+ remove browsing history/cookies etc. on exit
+ superior sll ( i prefer the ui aswell over google chrome)
+ easy to run virtualized with comodo fw
+ less telemetry
Also it has some kind of tracking protection

So firefox > ice dragon
Dragon > chrome

But would advise to keep eye on update cycle so you wont run run outdated browser some day, bigger names will stay on market for sure

Last edited:

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Ice dragon is pretty much just worse than firefox itself

But comodo dragon ( chromium) is offering alot more compared to google chrome
+ google safe browsing
+ their own secure dns
+ remove browsing history/cookies etc. on exit
+ superior sll ( i prefer the ui aswell over google chrome)
+ easy to run virtualized with comodo fw
+ less telemetry
Also it has some kind of tracking protection

So firefox > ice dragon
Dragon > chrome

But would advise to keep eye on update cycle so you wont run run outdated browser some day, bigger names will stay on market for sure

Thanks for the info ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.