Advice Request Comodo installation problem on Windows 10 left unbootable

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hello, i tryed to install Comodo firewall on my girlfriends laptop. After installation i changed the configuration to proactive config. Than i restarted the laptop and now i am unable to boot. when i boot the laptop is just loads for ever and nerver got me to the login screen. its just the black screen with the windows loading thing that never stops spinning. i need to do a system restore point to be able to login again. the strange part is, i have the exact same laptop just with Windows 7 and the comodo installation went well. we have both no other security programm installed just Zemana Antimalware premium.

Anyone know why it is working well und windows 7 and on windows 10 i cannot boot into windows?

Any help would be much appricated.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Possible incompatibilities if running a Preview builds, or an Windows 10 update was pending.

Are you able to boot into Windows 10, or still need assistance?
Yes i was able after a restore point. i think i try to find another good solution, maybe she can use my voodooshield premium if he likes i. but its sad that comodo doesnt seems to work. i will post it on the comodo forum so they can look into it.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
maybe there is an essential windows file that is getting sandboxed or blocked. Actually, I would more suspect it is a driver. COMODO sometimes will treat a driver as unrecognized.

Anker_by

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
I have installed Comodo Firewall on my Windows 10 with no problems.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
maybe there is an essential windows file that is getting sandboxed or blocked. Actually, I would more suspect it is a driver. COMODO sometimes will treat a driver as unrecognized.
I alrdy tried to restart with autosandbox off, same effect :/

Reactions: shmu26

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
You need a clean install to install Comodo without issue, and comodo need you install it before any AV.
There is no other av installed, only Zemana antimalware and they are compatible. at least it should on windows 7 it has worked without problems

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
There is no other av installed, only Zemana antimalware and they are compatible. at least it should on windows 7 it has worked without problems
Ok, but for no problem at all you need a clean install of windows and then you install Comodo. I have windows 10 latest build and Comodo Firewall without issue.

Reactions: Andytay70

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
This thread can be closed. installed the new comodo 10 beta and all went well. well i dont know but they changed something underhood and now with the new version windows start as it should be.

Reactions: shmu26 and Hector1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.