COMODO Internet Security 5.4.189068.1354 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello Everyone,

We have just released COMODO Internet Security 5.4.189068.1354! This is mostly a maintenance release which addresses a couple of outstanding issues that exist in the previous versions.

What's New in CIS 5.4.189068.1354?

IMPROVED! Installation experience on Windows 7 and later
IMPROVED! Realtime performance impact to the daily PC operations should be lower in this version
FIXED! HIPS doesn't block some actions that can be used by malware
FIXED! HIPS doesn't block modifications to the protected files under certain conditions
FIXED! Firewall sometimes blocks safe applications such as MSN messenger, Skype
FIXED! Some installers crash when CIS is installed
FIXED! Firewall does not detect MAC Spoofing although "Protect the ARP Cache" option is selected
FIXED! Firewall causes high DPC latency under certain conditions
FIXED! Antivirus crashes while scanning specially crafted .PST files
FIXED! Antivirus crashes after or during virus database updates

Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)

Q - I am an existing user using a previous version of CIS. Do I receive the updates now?
A - Yes. You can update using CIS updater.

Q - Should I uninstall CIS 5.3 and reinstall CIS 5.4?
A - You dont have to. You can run updater from CIS 5.3.

Q - I had reported an issue before. Is it addressed in this release?
A - We are grateful to you for helping us by reporting the issues you observed. Please be certain that all of the issues reported in the forum are in our formal release process. It *might* have been addressed in this release. But if it didnt, it will definetly be in the future releases.

Download Locations:

Universal Installer(includes both 32 bit and 64 bit versions):

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe

Size: 60M ( 62046040 )

64 Bit Installer:

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_installer_x64.exe

Size: 37M ( 38168904 )

32 Bit Installer:
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_installer_x86.exe

Size: 35M ( 35919688 )

Source

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Do you mean like "scanning with Comodo Antivirus"? If that's the one then yes

Also they have a steps on how to restore/remove it. Link

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Impressive changelog.....theire are some serious bugs on that list.....
FIXED! HIPS doesn't block some actions that can be used by malware
FIXED! HIPS doesn't block modifications to the protected files under certain conditions

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
It wonders me with such bugs how they could release the earlier version under "stable"...

eXp

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems sandbox was no problem/nor bugs as its not included in changelog but at least they fixed some problems there that was stated in changelog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.