COMODO Internet Security 5.8.209729.2104 RC1 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Thread author
What's new in 5.8.209729.2104?

NEW! Enchanced Protection Mode: Defense+ now allows the users to selectively enable/disable new protecton mechanisms
FIXED! CAV crashes on various files when on bad disk sectors
FIXED! Trusted files can not be purged
FIXED! Varirous language related issues

There are many other small fixes in this release.

Enhanced protection mode option was enabled by default in previous BETAs however in this release, we disabled it by default and made available through D+ settings. We will re-enable it by default after some time once we are convinced that it works as expected in 5+ million endpoints at the same time.

Comodo Forums

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
downloaded and enhanced protection enabled

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can also check the Release Notes here:
http://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/updates/release/inis_1800/release_notes.html

(Found via one of the members at Comodo Forums).

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here is the direct download link for those who don't have COMODO Forum account :

Code:
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/5.8_qmrp3nns/cispremium_installer.exe

Size: 59M ( 61750776 )

NEW! Enchanced Protection Mode: Defense+ now allows the users to selectively enable/disable new protecton mechanisms
7LLxV.png

egemen said:
Enhanced protection mode option was enabled by default in previous BETAs however in this release, we disabled it by default and made available through D+ settings. We will re-enable it by default after some time once we are convinced that it works as expected in 5+ million endpoints at the same time.

This means some of the HIPS improvements we made and you already observed in previous BETAs are now optional in order to assess their reliability in millions of endpoints at the time we make the final release.

I am afraid more details can not be disclosed publicly.

Not a lot of details about this new addition...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Only better protection, IF you know what it does.

I tested Comodo Firewall 5.8 RC on Windows 8 Dev, with SmartScreen in IE10 disabled. The Cloud AV portion of Defense+ gave me an error while removing. I need to watch it again and see if it was because Windows Defender removed it before Comodo's cloud scanner detected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.