Comodo Internet Security Bypassed by Trojan Ransom.Xorist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
The advice given in How to Install Comodo Firewall will protect you from the most recent variants. I also give advice for how to protect from future variants as well, however doing so would likely lead to more popups.

It's your choice as to which configuration avenue you choose.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 178

Hungry Man said:
Not a big deal. Comodo is more than just a sandbox. There's an AV/heuristics for a reason.

i agree, but in the worst case :

You have installed Comodo FW and the computer is offline, you trust the sandbox then you are done.
i recently posted, on the hub, a link given to me to a malware that totally bypass the sandbox.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
It happens to all AV's so if they fix it everything will be okay?

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
@Chiron

Is this bypassing the sandbox thats tweaked to blocked?? i have it on blocked and file and all virtualization is enabled here :p

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
malwarekiller said:
@Chiron

Is this bypassing the sandbox thats tweaked to blocked?? i have it on blocked and file and all virtualization is enabled here :p

I didn't see it tested against blocked, just Untrusted. However, it was able to bypass the configuration advice I had previously given and I had to tweak it to protect against the new variants.

I'm pretty sure if you put the sandbox to blocked it will stop all malware. However, in my opinion blocked is too annoying and so I stick with untrusted and make tweaks to stay just as safe as you are.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.