Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Comodo Internet Security Bypassed by Trojan Ransom.Xorist
Comments HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Nothing is perfect in this world, i would like to see what happened if *_CRYPT was added.

D

Deleted member 178

In the second video, some tweaks allow CIS to block it. So CIS is definitely not for beginners. :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What type of Sandbox is this again?

D

Deleted member 178

It is Comodo Auto-sandbox that works on policy rules.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Doesn't Comodo have a manual sandbox that you can browse within? or is that expected for v6?

D

Deleted member 178

The actual CIS has both of them, the "manual" one that virtualize the application like sandboxie, and the Automatic one, working on policy rules. For CIS v6 , they plan the full virtualization of the Auto-Sandbox.

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-CIS-v6-very-theorical-future-features

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Nothing is perfect in this world, i would like to see what happened if *_CRYPT was added.

This is his 'safe' config for CIS:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest28

I really hope c.o.m.o.d.o dosent use the 6.0 beta to cover this up and simply say.
It will be fixed in version 6.0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
CIS default settings cannot measured to be a maximum protection and its backbone where configured to a maximum protection.

Especially the sandbox feature that effectiveness where set on default.

D

Deleted member 178

MRF71 said:
Is this issue on the comodo forums?

Since long time, all CIS advanced users, knows about it, and we use a workaround until it will be fixed (surely for v6)

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
NO AV is impregnable. I thought Comodo had a HIPS which was tough to bypass but someone did it. There is not much need to sweat it out. For a free product Comodo does beat out some paid competitors.
Hope a fix comes soon.

D

Deleted member 178

If a security solution was found perfect, it will have the monopole, and will kill all other vendors.
Who will choose the non-perfect product?

D

Deleted member 178

It is what i like with Comodo and D+, you can always tweak it by yourself to make it stronger, instead of waiting the updates of the developers.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
MRF71 said:
I hope it gets fixed in V6
As shown in the latest video you can prevent this now until of course the next variant comes along :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.