Advice Request Comodo Internet Security Essentials Question

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Blacklisted a couple of certificates from ISE alerts, thinking I could undo the change from the ISE GUI. Anyone know where the rules are stored so I can delete them? They aren't in the GUI of ISE as I believed they would be. I think they are in mmc->certificates->category called "Untrusted Certificates". There are two there from Verisign that apparently have phony MS signatures. Can't check e-mail and some other sites are broken so thanks for any assistance with this...

Last edited:

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Problem solved with a system restore.

Just to clarify for anyone who reads this, The options were present on the ISE gui for changing rules, but there weren't any rules showing there. This is why I thought ISE might have created them in the untrusted certificates folder on the computer.

I checked another computer in the mean time, and the same two are in the untrusted folder on that computer, so I assume those are there from Microsoft and nothing to do with the blocks. Still don't know where the setting for this would be for me to have regained access. I looked in the Google Chrome settings and everywhere else. Got e-mails back restored, so if anyone has an answer I would like to know where these settings are.

Also, is it not troubling anyone else that Comodo is finding untrusted certificates between PCs and Microsoft Outlook, Twitch, Amazon, and Yahoo!? I would really like to hear more on what this could potentially be, and thanks for reading.

I have a post up at the Comodo site if anyone actually cares about this:

ISE is Blocking Sites after I Selected to Block Certificate - Help - ISE

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.