App Review Comodo Internet Security Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

This is my review of Comodo Internet Security, this was recorded a while back so OBS had some issues & for some reason I didn't use many samples.

Thanks for watching & hopefully you've enjoyed :) My videos are now going back to being 2-3 a week instead of 1 everyday because of my job + school.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
thanks again for yet another gret review! this proves that comodo still has a long way to go into ultimately protecting its end user. their firewall is superb , av a disaster, had this on my machine for a while , but all it did was making it slow, so glad to make the switch to avast! ;)

Reactions: MalwareBlockerYT

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo Antivirus has always been mediocre, because their Firewall takes the limelight every time.

Comodo Firewall always gets the latest technologies to protect their users, first HIPS, now Sandbox, Behavioural and Cloud-based file ratings. Comodo AV is their second-line of defense at best.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Comodo Antivirus has always been mediocre, because their Firewall takes the limelight every time.

Comodo Firewall always gets the latest technologies to protect their users, first HIPS, now Sandbox, Behavioural and Cloud-based file ratings. Comodo AV is their second-line of defense at best.
I will even go farther, the AV was made to satisfy the fanboys "papa Melhi ! papa Melhi ! the other kids at school laugh at me because i don't have an AV ...."

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Did you use the paid/trial Pro version?
I used the trial version :)
thanks again for yet another gret review! this proves that comodo still has a long way to go into ultimately protecting its end user. their firewall is superb , av a disaster, had this on my machine for a while , but all it did was making it slow, so glad to make the switch to avast! ;)
Thannk you, and yes it indeed does. Avast is a good choice ;)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
great video!!!thanks!!!!!!but i already tried many times!!!!!!!a lot of usability broblems....bad av...no web filter...bad viruscope!!!!when i meet first time comodo in version 3....i though ..this will be amazing!!!...and now its amazing!!!:):) but not for everyone....thats my experience:(:(:(
Comodo Internet Security seems ok, but they need to improve their signatures for it to be improved.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Thanks for this video, interesting as usual :)
Well, I don't know Comodo very well but from what I read here...the AV module seems rather redundant, given that its strength is in the dynamic action.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I wouldn't call their AV worthless but I see very little value in it. I can't honestly think of a reason to use CIS (or CCAV) when you can pair a much stronger AV with their firewall (with tweaked settings) and achieve top notch protection from that.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I wouldn't call their AV worthless but I see very little value in it. I can't honestly think of a reason to use CIS (or CCAV) when you can pair a much stronger AV with their firewall (with tweaked settings) and achieve top notch protection from that.
Good point, I think the same.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thanks for this video, interesting as usual :)
Well, I don't know Comodo very well but from what I read here...the AV module seems rather redundant, given that its strength is in the dynamic action.
Correct :)

They really should improve their signatures because like you said otherwise they'll never reach their full potential.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Correct :)

They really should improve their signatures because like you said otherwise they'll never reach their full potential.
I personally think they should just go ahead and drop their AV completely. Sure it catches things here and there but after all these years of it being absolutely awful with very little improvement, I feel like they're just wasting their time, energy and cash investment on it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.