App Review Comodo Internet Security Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
Comodo's concept is not based on signatures, and it is not intended for novice users. If you know what you are doing it offers better protection than the majority of the antivirus programs that use signatures (just my opinion).
P.S. you can use custom install and deselect those geek buddy and browser stuff, you complain about

Thread author
Comodo's concept is not based on signatures, and it is not intended for novice users. If you know what you are doing it offers better protection than the majority of the antivirus programs that use signatures (just my opinion).
P.S. you can use custom install and deselect those geek buddy and browser stuff, you complain about

A novice can use it with some configuration guidance. Then the novice just needs to keep their hands off all the dials and levers.

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017
I made a suggestion to Comodo that they totally ditch the AV and instead use the money saved on buying for me the Emerald and Diamond bracelet I saw in Tiffany's last week. So far they haven't responded...

Which is cheaper the AV or the bracelet? ;)

Surely Chopard is more your taste than Tiffany's or is it that you just like to support local?

Last edited:

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Comodo Firewall is the real star; the rest is pretty much bloatware. Any user would be better protected with CF+Windows Defender, to say the least. And this GeekBuddy thing appeals to me as those scammy companies which offer to remover malware and then scare you with false detections and fake customer support.
When you install COMODO products make sure to UNcheck GeekBuddy and Comodo Dragon (if you want).

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I made a suggestion to Comodo that they totally ditch the AV and instead use the money saved on buying for me the Emerald and Diamond bracelet I saw in Tiffany's last week. So far they haven't responded...
No no, that money has to be invested into making Comodo Cloud Antivirus Premium. All the semi-functional fun of Comodo Cloud AV with 50GB of online storage and 24/7 Geekbuddy support! :D

Oh god, I might have just given Melih an idea. :eek:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
There could be couple theories on this "Why they haven't responded to cruelsister yet"?;)
1. This could have lead to an affair & Melih was scared:D
2. BuketB is a girl And Emerald and Diamond bracelet to other girl......:p
3. umesh seems a shy guy:)
4. Anti-Spam screened "cruelsister...Emerald and Diamond bracelet..."...100% Spam:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MalwareBlockerYT

ctrlz

Level 2
Verified
Mar 20, 2017
I personally think they should just go ahead and drop their AV completely. Sure it catches things here and there but after all these years of it being absolutely awful with very little improvement, I feel like they're just wasting their time, energy and cash investment on it.
Well, first of all it's good to have a signature detection for free even for commercial purposes.

CIS is a great overall suite, I don't feel the need of a superb and heavy AV, the built-in one is enough for me, just light and basic. I always saw it as a strategic component in the product design too, I don't know why :D IMO it allows to immediately/temporary block some malwares (that may bypass other layers) by signatures. In this way the delivery team can breathe during releases and fixes, covering developer's back for days/weeks to find the right solution. It would be a dream for me, as a developer.

Anyway if they really want to improve detection scores, the best way would be to collaborate with a third-part company (es: Bitdefender) to include their signatures.
But I don't feel it as a must-have, I prefer to use the AV as a simple layer.

Last edited:

212eta

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
May 11, 2011
I made a suggestion to Comodo that they totally ditch the AV and instead use the money saved on buying for me the Emerald and Diamond bracelet I saw in Tiffany's last week. So far, they haven't responded...

I don't think that the CCAV is as expensive as
the Tiffany's Emerald and Diamond bracelet...:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.