App Review COMODO Internet Security 2025 Premium

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Content created by
Shadowra

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
This is the problem, @Shadowra.

I am not criticising Comodo, there is a lot of fish in the cyber security space and whether users wanna have salmon or pangasius, the choice is theirs.

The problem is when certain users push stories about the non-existent Comodo perfection, users read and believe.
I put CIS 2025 Premium on VM for "testing." I had used CF free in the past, but decided to "donate" $29 cost (generous mood last night), and was surprised to see a few things, 30 day money back, a no infection warranty with $500 cap, and phone numbers for support. Those things put comodo in a somewhat better light for me. @Shadowra's test more or less confirmed what @cruelsister has said, the firewall / containment works well. Only comment so far, CIS is running light on the VM, and NPE finds no threats. Use it, or don't... :ROFLMAO:

kailyn

Level 2
Jun 6, 2024
By the way, I find Comodo's commu just as horrible, selling CIS as a perfect product. When I wrote to Melih to suggest improving the viral database, he simply ignored my message...
That is the way that forums and social media operate. They are echo chambers where most everybody adheres to hive minded collective group think. So it is no different than other product forums or social media channels.

Yes it has a good score in my test, yes it made a VM totally clean (we'll thank the Sandbox lol ) but they can also improve things.... (like Kaspersky, Bitdefender and others)
Of course they theoretically could improve things by making it very polished, but why would a product owner put all that effort and money into improving a product that is completely free with no revenue base to support it? The owner has no obligation or duty to make it other than what he is satisfied with. Plus, as you said yourself, it performed well in your tests, just as it does in so many other tests.

The reaction of you attacking me, always opening new accounts on MalwareTips, wasting an enormous amount of time and energy etc etc etc... are the greatest confirmation that all my arguments are true and correct. So I say: Thank you! Thanks for validating that I am correct.
Nobody is attacking you. You have been treated both politely and with respect. You make a lot of bloviated rant posts but nothing you have said is an argument. All your statements are just opinions. When you are politely asked to support your claims with evidence and you do not - then nobody can take you seriously.

Attempting to twist words and language logic in true social media style is even more telling that you are nothing more than a troll. I have no burden to prove anything. I am not focused on comodo products as I could care less about them. I am focused on what you are claiming about those products and other things, which everybody knows you can never substantiate.

You stated that your objective is to "once and for all stop the comodo 'fanatics'". LOL, well here is your chance. You've been given ample opportunity but you do not because you cannot. Why is that? Again because you just post your opinions. Opinions are not proof of anything.

The problem is when certain users push stories about the non-existent Comodo perfection, users read and believe.
They manipulate users into believing that Comodo is superior to other products via cute vids that show nothing but a blatant firewall alert/prompt, manually modified scripts with no real route of infection and others.

I am not a fan of manipulation and choice-supportive bias.

If people want fairytales and stories, they can download an audiobook, this forum is not for that.
So what this is all really about is @cruelsister 's videos. You people do not like it when she creates videos and posts them here.

How any of you can take a single one of her videos, interpret what she says in them or posts on threads, as "manipulating users into believing that Comodo is superior to other products" is rather disturbing.

Finally we get the truth - the anti-comodo cabal here is all about @cruelsister 's videos and those that claim she is manipulating users. Essentally what you and others are saying is that she is peddling a false perspective about CIS with her videos. I guess you missed the part where she has stated many times that various parts of the product are problematic and that is why she configures it - to avoid those issues.

Y'all realize that it is her style not to engage, right? And that she is not going to say the things that you want to her say in the manner that you want those things said. People in the know, those that pay attention, realize she is critical of the product but does not participate in anti-comodo mob mentality. She has said not once, but many times - in a rational, matter-of-fact way - that should she or anyone else discover serious flaws in the product then she would stop using it.

What you people are doing is adding a lot of words and intent to @cruelsister 's videos that never existed. She pretty much works on the basis that people watch her videos and infer, deduce, and judge for themselves about the product. They are accountable to themselves and responsible to be fully informed and make sound choices\decisions. But you and others see that as indoctrinating users into the Evil Cult of Comodo. Where is all the damage done to users as a result of her videos? I mean that is the claim, right? So where is the evidence that proves it?

Every last one of you have un-ending opportunities to prove that comodo is seriously flawed and that all the third party independent tests which show it provides exceptionally robust protection are wrong. But none of you do anything except sling opinions. Criticizing a product on the basis that its webpage has not been updated, yeah man that is just weak.

The other basis of attacking CIS is that its forum is full of fanbois and fangirlz behaving badly, and software bugs? Oh my. If that is the measure of software then nobody should be using Windows because Microsoft has stated more than 500 times over the decades that it will not fix this, that, and the other reported security issue, CVE, or bug. By that measure Microsoft is a lot more evil than Comodo.

Then there is the exploitation of a single "bypass" as proof that CIS is just such a terrible product. Well what about all the software that you people claim is superior to CIS missing samples and permitting systems to be infected\compromised? Tests show that those supposedly "superior" products are bypassed routinely, but CIS is not.

Nobody has stated that CIS is unbeatable. Nor is anyone misleading users. It is ridiculous to claim that users are being misled because the person making a demonstration video does not make a full statement about bugs, and all the potential eventualities. If that were the case then every other security product out there with a video is misleading users.

The only thing that matters at the end of the day is that CIS, with all of its warts, provides an extremely high level of system protection. That level of protection has been proven and confirmed countless times over the past 15+ years.

@cruelsister make more videos - a lot more.

PS - You might consider adding a "Trigger Warning!" at the beginning of your vids, such is the state of things.

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Cat watching other cats fight .png

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
That is the way that forums and social media operate. They are echo chambers where most everybody adheres to hive minded collective group think. So it is no different than other product forums or social media channels.

And that is where it's at. If someone doesn't approve of a product, or what somebody else thinks, that somebody else must conform. It's much like my hobby. I shoot Smith and Wesson revolvers in competition. In my opinion it is the finest revolver made in the world. Other people use Colt's or Ruger and believe S&W is junk - because they say so. Or, on the rare occasion I drink a beer, I like Pabst Blue Ribbon. Others consider it sewage water. We have the same situation here because several people dislike Comodo, thus anyone who uses it is a "fanatic" and in need of re-education, and any mention of Comodo being an effective product should be banned.

kailyn

Level 2
Jun 6, 2024
Look at what's happening in this thread. It began with a test, and people started commenting on it. No one claimed Comodo is unbeatable or perfect, yet the thread got off track. My advice is to ignore the "subjective" nonsense from those who derail the thread. If you do that, you'll have no trouble commenting or taking part in the discussion.
Well that is the other primary issue about CIS. There are those that do not want any discussion about the product here - unless it is bashing and pointing out all the product warts and the problems with Melih and Comodo. There's at least one person who would be thrilled if Comodo failed as a company and took everything with it straight down to the hot place. That's creepy.

The other primary issue is that they don't want @cruelsister to post vids.

Everybody who has any experience with CIS realizes that it has bugs. Those users that are more inclined to get details also know there's quite a few issues with CIS, like the Comodo forum antics and the long update\release cycle. Most dedicated users know that CIS is not "unbeatable" and they can differentiate between a truly serious security issue and one that is not. For those that like CIS enough, they put in the time and effort to learn and sort it all out.

Some criticisms are accurate. They are fact and no one disputes that they are. Others are in the realm of modern day muckraking. However, all the criticisms tie back to one single fact about CIS - and that is that it is a freeware with zero revenue base to make it anything more than as it has always existed. The product owner has no duty nor obligation to make it a refined, polished product. Oh, the critics state that he has a moral duty and that is just theoretical. It is all fine and well, it is well-meaning, but not relevant. It is the typical strawman tactic intended to undermine things without restraint.

Some people can accept and cope with CIS's issues, realizing that if they configure or use the product in a certain way they will benefit from all of its strengths while avoiding its weaknesses. Others just cannot deal with this. That any user has to adjust the settings to "compensate" or "avoid" this or that is just terrible. Truly awful. I can understand that "should be" perspective, but practically why does it bother them so much that others like the product and are dedicated to using it?

The only rational way to counter the nonsense is to politely ask those that make such claims to prove what they are saying with evidence. They never do so anybody that bothers to read these threads figures out they cannot take what is said seriously.

All the effort here to silence discussions and people that they do not agree with will change nothing.

Trident

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
undercover Comodo staff fighting MalwareTips users... It's like the ultimate battle between secret agents and tech-savvy rebels - "undercover Comodo staff taking on the notorious MalwareTips users!"
Not a battle to be honest, I am not willing to read all these long posts. As I said earlier, what me, @Shadowra, @Decopi and other experts users had to say, has been said. From here onwards, not gonna engage in circular posts whether or not Comodo is good, as we all know the product, it is not a secret to anyone.

As long as no claims are supplied that it is “the best”. Frankly, in recent discussions these claims are now under control and not like before, so all good. 😊

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
@cruelsister make more videos - a lot more.
Actually I'll be posting 2 eventually, with both regarding CF. But Alas! As I won't be using links to existing malicious packages magically on the drive, nor cutesy script kiddie attrib thingies, nor disabling Script Analysis there won't be any C bypasses included.

kailyn

Level 2
Jun 6, 2024
I'm just here to read and laugh.
Comodo discussions, or even maybe how Comodo QA does their functions. Or maybe...

"People pay me $10,000 to do this and I have a long wait-list of clients. The more it becomes controversy the more people want it. What I do and how I do it bothers you? It doesn't bother me. No matter what you or anybody else thinks each of those clients puts $10,000 in my pocket."

-- Salt Bae

Can't figure out the basic principle here? Head over to the "Explain the Joke" subreddit.

rashmi

Level 7
Jan 15, 2024
Not a battle to be honest, I am not willing to read all these long posts. As I said earlier, what me, @Shadowra, @Decopi and other experts users had to say, has been said. From here onwards, not gonna engage in circular posts whether or not Comodo is good, as we all know the product, it is not a secret to anyone.

As long as no claims are supplied that it is “the best”. Frankly, in recent discussions these claims are now under control and not like before, so all good. 😊
To be honest, why allow someone else's involvement to impact you when you and Shadowra had nothing to do with it or never initiated it?

Reactions: [correlate]

Victor M

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
@kailyn I really dislike non-careful thinking. One can't create a group labeled 'home users' just because they use their laptops mainly at home. There is simply too many kinds of configuration skill levels, usage preferences. There are just too many possible differences to label them as one group. Claiming that CIS is defenseless when one turns off Auto Containment is justifiable. But thinking that this entire group of people will disable it when they encounter problems. Plus thinking this entire group of people have a single usage style of not doing any additional configuration. These 2 things, taken individually, already does not make sense. But when you combine these 2 things, which each has much more variance, and arrive at a conclusion is not careful thinking.

Businesses like McDonald's do very specific and narrow studies that before spending any money. Eg. They know traffic patterns from their massive amount of branches, they also buy research data on when many people choose to buy food, before they spend a dime on advertising at particular times of the day on TV, streaming channels etc. Pretend that you have to spend money on the conclusions you make and you will start to be more a careful thinker. Being a more careful thinker affects every decision you make every day. As a starter, Narrowly define what point you are trying to prove, and you have a higher chance of arriving at a good and sound conclusion. At least you should apply this to money matters. At least try to obtain numeric measurements.

Last edited:

kailyn

Level 2
Jun 6, 2024
@kailyn I really dislike non-careful thinking. One can't create a group labeled 'home users' just because they use their laptops mainly at home. There is simply too many kinds of configuration skill levels, usage preferences. There are just too many possible differences to label them as one group. Claiming that CIS is defenseless when one turns off Auto Containment is justifiable. But thinking that this entire group of people will disable it when they encounter problems. Plus thinking this entire group of people have a single usage style of not doing any additional configuration. These 2 things, taken individually, already does not make sense. But when you combine these 2 things, which each has much more variance, and arrive at a conclusion is not careful thinking.
Decopi said that Comodo ensures 100% infection if the user disables containment. (Which is not correct. He is just speculating as there is no certainty whatsoever that an infection will happen if CIS virtualization is disabled. The user can use HIPS, the AV component might catch it, or Viruscope. It is not a 100% certainty but it is possible.) His "argument" is that CIS's other components are so weak that if containment is disabled there is an absolute certainty that a user will get infected. It is just another way for this person to bash CIS while giving the appearance that he is making a credible statement of fact. Quite frankly, his argument is amateurish to the point of being ridiculous.

There are users that do enable the CIS HIPS and create strong default deny policies without ever having to use containment. They basically configure CIS to function as software restriction policy. Others use the virtual environment to contain the browser and other programs targeted for exploits - like Microsoft 365 apps, while their HIPS policies are configured to "that which is not allowed - whitelisted - is denied."

I never said that home users will disable protections if they encounter problems. What I said was that home users can disable CIS containment and they can also disable any other security software's protections. The point being that it is absurd to criticize one particular product on the basis of disabling a protection whenever the very same thing can be done with every other security software. It is trivial to disable protections or a single protection in either Kaspersky or Bitdefender and infect the system. So those products are identical to CIS with regards to disabling protections.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
The more it becomes controversy the more people want it.
exactly! that's why I found the 2025 version and put it on VM last night. And yes, in the past almost 24h I found a bug or 2, but seemingly not critical to primary function on this VM: firewall & containment. Curious to see how good / bad virus scans and cloud analysis is, or has become, but so far no comodo analysis yet.

Victor M

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
The group label 'home users' and how it is defined may be sufficient to benefit a particular business. But I don't think it should be freely re-used by any other one. The group label was created for one use. Popular media use that because they also benefit from persuading a large number of people because lots of people would automatically self identify themselves as part of that group just because of the word 'home'. Media aims to create trust with a large population, media also makes money if they attract a lot of readers. Their reviews may be accurate. But their use of the term is serves a purpose. But as users ourselves, and MT members as group reading opinion on AV there is no benefit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.