App Review COMODO Internet Security 2025 Premium

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Content created by
Shadowra

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Hi @kailyn , welcome to MalwareTips! Thank you for taking so much time and effort to open here a new MalwareTips account, just to respond to me. It's a true honor to have Melih himself and the Comodo' staff participating in this discussion.

However, on the other hand, it's sad to see that Comodo has nothing better to do than to interfere in web forums. The Comodo' forum is a true Fascist Concentration Camp, where any criticism against Comodo is censored. Unfortunately, I see that Comodo thinks that can also censor everything and any other discussion on the web.

Regarding to your comments demanding proof from me, please let's not reverse the burden of proof, it's Comodo who always makes false claims without proof, therefore the correct thing to do is to first wait for Comodo to present non-selective technical proof of its claims.

From my side, I promise to answer each of the questions that were asked above, but if you first prove (one by one) that my arguments are false. Demanding proof from me DOES NOT prove that my arguments are false or wrong. Please prove I'm wrong, and I promise I'll present all my evidence, argument by argument.

Thank you

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Trident

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
fwiw, I installed comodo internet security 2025 premium on a VM (win10) to see what all the hubbub is about. have not tweaked its settings yet, running default. nothing obviously broken. no slowdowns seen. I liked using CF w/cruelsister config in the past. This time installed internet security to see what's what.

kailyn

Level 1
Jun 6, 2024
Regarding to your comments demanding proof from me, please let's not reverse the burden of proof, it's Comodo who always makes false claims without proof, therefore the correct thing to do is to first wait for Comodo to present non-selective technical proof of its claims.
Please provide the false claims that comodo has made.

From my side, I promise to answer each of the questions that were asked above, but if you first prove (one by one) that my arguments are false. Demanding proof from me DOES NOT prove that my arguments are false or wrong. Please prove I'm wrong, and I promise I'll present all my evidence, argument by argument.

Thank you
You have made no argument. An argument is comprised of:

1. A claim (thesis)
2. Grounds (data\facts and reasons)
3. Warrants (statements that indicate the relevance of the claim based on evidence or facts)
4. Backings (additional evidence or facts that support the warrants)
5. Qualifiers (exactness of the scope or precision of a claim that ensures broad generalizations are not made)

You have never made anything other than claims about comodo and stereotypical generalizations about users. That's all you do is sling baseless statements as fact. In other words all you do is make claims without any proof. Without the remaining four elements you are not making any arguments. You are merely expressing your opinions.

You are the one making all the claims so the accountability and responsibility to prove those claims rests completely with you. When challenged to prove what you claim is fact, your tactic is to not supply credible, accurate evidence. You instead say that comodo has to prove you wrong when you are asked to prove your assertions.

I mean it should be a very simple thing for you to provide all the evidence that you directly claim exists that proves comodo is "garbage" and how dangerous it is for anyone to use it. You should have no troubles providing links to all those reports that show comodo to be terrible protection and all the "fanatics" stating that it is unbeatable. Evidently you know the size of the comodo userbase, so why not post that data here? Where are the links to all those dangerous bugs that threat actors have exploited and caused harm to any comodo user?

We are all waiting. Here is your big chance to prove how the Comodo boogeyman is the Devil's spawn and CIS is the instrument of his evil. The "fanatics" are indoctrinating the poor, hapless, unknowledgeable people out there to use comodo.

Even if you could prove such things, it would change nothing. Dedicated users are going to still make videos about CIS. They are still going to use it. People that want free security are still going to come here to MT to learn about it, so that they can use it effectively. Despite your best efforts you will change nothing.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Please provide the false claims that comodo has made.

You have made no argument. An argument is comprised of:

1. A claim (thesis)
2. Grounds (data\facts and reasons)
3. Warrants (statements that indicate the relevance of the claim based on evidence or facts)
4. Backings (additional evidence or facts that support the warrants)
5. Qualifiers (exactness of the scope or precision of a claim that ensures broad generalizations are not made)

You have never made anything other than claims about comodo and stereotypical generalizations about users. That's all you do is sling baseless statements as fact. In other words all you do is make claims without any proof. Without the remaining four elements you are not making any arguments. You are merely expressing your opinions.

You are the one making all the claims so the accountability and responsibility to prove those claims rests completely with you. When challenged to prove what you claim is fact, your tactic is to not supply credible, accurate evidence. You instead say that comodo has to prove you wrong when you are asked to prove your assertions.

I mean it should be a very simple thing for you to provide all the evidence that you directly claim exists that proves comodo is "garbage" and how dangerous it is for anyone to use it. You should have no troubles providing links to all those reports that show comodo to be terrible protection and all the "fanatics" stating that it is unbeatable. Evidently you know the size of the comodo userbase, so why not post that data here? Where are the links to all those dangerous bugs that threat actors have exploited and caused harm to any comodo user?

We are all waiting. Here is your big chance to prove how the Comodo boogeyman is the Devil's spawn and CIS is the instrument of his evil. The "fanatics" are indoctrinating the poor, hapless, unknowledgeable people out there to use comodo.

Even if you could prove such things, it would change nothing. Dedicated users are going to still make videos about CIS. They are still going to use it. People that want free security are still going to come here to MT to learn about it, so that they can use it effectively. Despite your best efforts you will change nothing.

Hello and welcome. :)

What's the point of this?
Comodo fanboys still don't want to know...
Just ask him why he hates CIS, won't you?

By the way, I find Comodo's commu just as horrible, selling CIS as a perfect product. When I wrote to Melih to suggest improving the viral database, he simply ignored my message...

Yes it has a good score in my test, yes it made a VM totally clean (we'll thank the Sandbox lol ) but they can also improve things.... (like Kaspersky, Bitdefender and others)

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Jeez this topic has descended to a bicker and an argument, it's tiring. You don't like Comodo then find, don't bother using it. A new version has come out, a long awaited one that has been recoded to work with Windows 11 and they added a couple bits like TDT and BypassIO usage which is just part of Microsoft and I'm sure other AVs have started including this. Other than that the rest of it hasn't changed much because it works.

Comodo's containment was, I think, the only security product to already be protecting you when the first ransomware emerged Comodo's always been best at Firewall and Containment so just use that element and use whatever other AV you want with it, if that's the case. The new UI needs work so I recommend just using the old Lycia theme if your going to use it.

Yes, website is a mess, Comodo apparently working on that. Yes the blog hasn't been updated in 2 years but who read it anyway. Yes, there is a bugs list from version .8012 but they have been working through some of those that were still and issue with the Beta and although only a handful fixed I don't know how many of these are still an issue with the stable version. Something I hope to get time to test out.

If there are bypasses with CIS/CF default features enabled, let @cruelsister have the samples and I'm sure she'd love to have some that can bypass Comodo's security. Yes, there was @Andy Ful 's containment bypass Comodo's Challenge but that was the case with almost all other AV vendors and I wait with bated breath to see malware using that technology but it's probably just a matter of time and that file executing the command would have to be a trusted file to allow that operation.

I have a love/hate thing with Comodo. The staff primary focus is their Enterprise Solutions through Xciitum and while a few staff around to keep the light on over the past couple of years, this move to a new stable version, at least shows it's still a company priority even though a few steps down the ladder. I used Avast for awhile as they constantly release updates and put up with the buy the complete version notifications you get even with buying what was Avast Pro at the time. Comodo doesn't have the ads, just asks you about changing your search provider and DNS which you can untick and select ignore. You can even hide the Upgrade button in the settings. They don't try and upsell you anything.

Anyway, use what you want, go buy your Total versions of Kaspersky, Norton Bitdefender etc. They use Sophos where I work and I bought CyberLock this year to fill any missing gaps in whatever security setup I'm using. I'll continue to try out CIS 2025 and help those who use it as much as I can. I can always change to some other product if it's not protecting me enough.

Trident

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Hello and welcome. :)

What's the point of this?
Comodo fanboys still don't want to know...
Just ask him why he hates CIS, won't you?

By the way, I find Comodo's commu just as horrible, selling CIS as a perfect product. When I wrote to Melih to suggest improving the viral database, he simply ignored my message...

Yes it has a good score in my test, yes it made a VM totally clean (we'll thank the Sandbox lol ) but they can also improve things.... (like Kaspersky, Bitdefender and others)
This is the problem, @Shadowra.

I am not criticising Comodo, there is a lot of fish in the cyber security space and whether users wanna have salmon or pangasius, the choice is theirs.

The problem is when certain users push stories about the non-existent Comodo perfection, users read and believe.
They manipulate users into believing that Comodo is superior to other products via cute vids that show nothing but a blatant firewall alert/prompt, manually modified scripts with no real route of infection and others.

I am not a fan of manipulation and choice-supportive bias.

If people want fairytales and stories, they can download an audiobook, this forum is not for that.

Last edited:

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
First of all, and once again, welcome to "oftg_mhu", "kailyn", "hoxama_vinladden", "hadolf_jitler", "yozeph_ztalin" and all other new participants, who now have just opened their accounts on MalwareTips, solely for the purpose of attacking my person.

You and the Comodo' fanatics for years have already called me "ignorant", "clown", "hater", "troll" and so many other personal disqualifications (ad-hominem), that I will never understand why you waste so much time and effort in attacking me, when according to you all my arguments are false or wrong.
The reaction of you attacking me, always opening new accounts on MalwareTips, wasting an enormous amount of time and energy etc etc etc... are the greatest confirmation that all my arguments are true and correct. So I say: Thank you! Thanks for validating that I am correct.

The Comodo' Forum is a Fascist Concentration Camp, where all criticism against Comodo is methodically and systematically censored and eliminated. But MalwareTips is different, so please everyone is welcome, even when you are intolerant, aggressive, rude, and even when you do not know how to dialogue or to deal with the contradictory.

Now, regarding the "blah, blah, blah" of demanding me to present evidences or proof etc, please let's do the following, first things first, let's start at the beginning:

You just announced that CIS 2025 is new.
Please, provide evidence that it is "new"; provide a list of the supposed new tools or functions or features.
PS: Please, don't underestimate our intelligence, a new UI is not a new software.

You announced that there are "amazing surprises".
Please, submit a list of these so-called "amazing surprises".

You announced that the code of the new CIS was rewritten from scratch.
Please, provide evidence of this.

You guys announced that all old bugs have been fixed.
Please, submit the list of bugs that were fixed. And please, it will also be very interesting if you explain your bizarre beta process (why did it take so long to go from different beta versions?, why are the old bugs still in the latest beta version?, why is there nothing new in the latest beta? etc).

And now a personal request from me: Disable "Containment" and please confirm that the probability of infection is not 100%. I don't mean 98%, but 100%. Please show that CIS 2025 has some security function even when "Containment" is disabled.
Please do your tests with known digital threats (old or yesterday threats) and with new threats or zero-day attacks (today threats). By the way, let's be clear, please let's agree in advance that an undetected or a dormant digital threat will be considered an "infected machine".

I have many more other demands for you. But if Comodo, its fans, or whoever, can demonstrate the basics I questioned above, then I promise we will move forward on my long list of demands.
It makes no sense to attack me ad-hominem, or try to disqualify my statements by demanding me proof or evidences, when technically the burden of proof falls on you. For years you have been making statements without ever presenting any proof or evidence of anything. Oh yeah, now we will enter into a methodical and systematic war of tests and evidences, no problem!, it will be my pleasure, but let's start at the beginning! You are the first ones who have to start by providing proof and showing evidences of the most basic allegations that you yourselves invented along years.

I remain waiting and thank you!

Last edited:

Trident

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
@Decopi , we’ve already said everything that needs saying. There is absolutely 0 point to keep beating around the bush. Don’t waste your time.

If anyone had any evidence, they would’ve uploaded the same by now.

The Comodo' Forum is a Fascist Concentration Camp
Well hence these names:
oftg_mhu", "kailyn", "hoxama_vinladden", "hadolf_jitler", "yozeph_ztalin

Trident

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
You don't like Comodo then find, don't bother using it
We aren’t using it, Comodo is a product whose website I won’t even bother opening, for me this is the equivalent of looking for a car and browsing Ladas instead of BMWs or looking for a phone and browsing Cubot instead of Samsung and iPhone, or looking for appliances and browsing Indesit instead of Miele, Haier and Samsung.

I am not interested in products that don’t suit my quality requirements.

The problem as already stated by me, shadowra, @Decopi and some members that are not active here at the moment, is the attempt to manipulate users into believing that they must use Comodo (which is the Lada of cars, the Indesit of appliances and Cubot of phones, as stated above), instead of another, quality product.

Comodo as a company throughout the years has demonstrated very little know-how and willingness to improve products and even the Xcitium enterprise range is nothing special.

You get what you pay for.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
We aren’t using it, Comodo is a product whose website I won’t even bother opening, for me this is the equivalent of looking for a car and browsing Ladas instead of BMWs or looking for a phone and browsing Cubot instead of Samsung and iPhone, or looking for appliances and browsing Indesit instead of Miele, Haier and Samsung.

I am not interested in products that don’t suit my quality requirements.

The problem as already stated by me, shadowra, @Decopi and some members that are not active here at the moment, is the attempt to manipulate users into believing that they must use Comodo (which is the Lada of cars, the Indesit of appliances and Cubot of phones, as stated above), instead of another, quality product.

Comodo as a company throughout the years has demonstrated very little know-how and willingness to improve products and even the Xcitium enterprise range is nothing special.

You get what you pay for.
I understand your reasoning and what you are saying here. There will always be someone from one vendor saying they are the best. I know people that swear by everything from Trend Micro to Kaspersky and I get that most people will profess the default deny approach the better way to go with things. I went with Hard_Configurator for that same reason for a year. I guess it depends on which community people are preaching but I like CF at least for sandboxing an unknown but that's out of paranoia from several years ago when I caught ransomware from a document download. CIS was installed at the time and while the system itself was okay, I ended up with some corrupted document files I'd done a lot of work on and had to start fresh. So maye we need a blanket ban on "It's the best" and go with the Uk standard of advertising where you can't claim something is the best or no1 leading if there isn't factual evidence to back it up. I do think these testing sites also making it confusing with CIS having product of the year 3 or 4 times in a row now.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
You just announced that CIS 2025 is new.

You announced that the code of the new CIS was rewritten from scratch.

You guys announced that all old bugs have been fixed.
Just my 2p. It's new as in a new version that is compatible with Windows 11. I guess we only have the word of the developers but Melih himself sait it had been recoded to work with current OS, not from scratch. They've labelled a few of the ones on the bugs list I linked earlier as (FIXED) but maybe that's false. I haven't had time to test it and if anything this thread is steering me away from further commenting or following this discussion.

I started this year with MD, DefenderUI, CyberLock and WFC and given Microsoft's continued improvement in MD capabilities, perhaps 3rd party software is no longer relevant. Then again, I don't pay for 365 and have home version so not as protected as I could be with that. Time to spin the roulette wheel and pick a solution or renew Emsisoft which I had for free last year.

rashmi

Level 7
Jan 15, 2024
if anything this thread is steering me away from further commenting or following this discussion.
Look at what's happening in this thread. It began with a test, and people started commenting on it. No one claimed Comodo is unbeatable or perfect, yet the thread got off track. My advice is to ignore the "subjective" nonsense from those who derail the thread. If you do that, you'll have no trouble commenting or taking part in the discussion.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Look at what's happening in this thread. It began with a test, and people started commenting on it. No one claimed Comodo is unbeatable or perfect, yet the thread got off track. My advice is to ignore the "subjective" nonsense from those who derail the thread. If you do that, you'll have no trouble commenting or taking part in the discussion.
It's fine, just a fleeting statement, just going the usual way these topics go for Comodo and around in circles as usuaol. Just a bit tired of it but I'll jump back in at some point depending on how it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.