App Review COMODO Internet Security 2025 Premium

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Content created by
Shadowra

Trident

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I'm neither a Comodo hater, nor a fan. I'm just referring to what I saw which indicates that it's not bulletproof as some people seem to think it is, including their CEO. Maybe someone should ask him about these tests and see if he can provide an explanation.
Oh no, I don’t think at this point anyone wants to get involved. Melih always had trouble with testing institutions, once the problem is that Comodo is not tested, then the problem is that the testing protocol is not “adjusted” to accommodate Comodo. Similar case with Webroot.

Notice how it’s always some God-forgotten, third-tier solutions that have problem with tests and testing bodies.
I never heard Microsoft complaining when Microsoft Security Essentials was at the bottom of the charts.
I never heard Trend Micro complaining that for years now, TM is at the bottom of the AVC Malware Protection Test.

Comodo and tests is a subject that at this point nobody really wants to open, as nobody cares about Comodo enough either.
Comodo has now ran its course and it’s time to move on, regardless whether they will release version 2025 or 2055.

rashmi

Level 7
Jan 15, 2024
I don't see anything confusing there. AV vendors on home products are tested on default, for corporate vendors can offer settings modification and then AV-Test performs the test.
In Stage 1, malware are introduced via accessing direct to their URL, similar to AV-Comparative's Real-World test.
In Stage 2, malware collection is already prepared. They are scanned first and then executed, similar to AV-Comparative's Malware Protection test.
The protection settings and components for both tests are identical. In both cases, missed samples are executed. So surely Comodo/Xcitium's antivirus capabilities as well as Auto-Containment were tested. Without the Containment feature, it would've missed plenty more.
I'm neither a Comodo hater, nor a fan. I'm just referring to what I saw which indicates that it's not bulletproof as some people seem to think it is, including their CEO. Maybe someone should ask him about these tests and see if he can provide an explanation.
Comodo's web filtering is useless, so both tests are essentially the same for them. If they used auto-containment in the stage 2 test, I don't understand why the results were completely opposite: 100% in all protection tests and less than 100% in all detection tests. However, I'm fine with whatever.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Comodo is the only software in the market, that always claimed to be "unbeatable".
But in real life, Comodo is a lousy company, with mediocre products, the sandbox/containment feature is already outdated, has bugs, is not upgraded nor updated... and in this negative context, an irresponsible gang of fanatics is always pushing garbage to users, exploiting false mantras such as: “It's free, if you don't like it don't use it”, “Our software is perfect, the fault lies with the users who don't know how to use it”, “We are not babysitters, users became infected due to their own irresponsibility”, "Our technology is great and too modern to be understood by users", "It always worked for me (thus, it'll work for everybody)", "I never got infected (thus, nobody is going to be infected)", "The tests in my videos prove that Comodo is unbeatable"... blah, blah, blah.

CIS always was and is garbage, its market share was and is negligible.
Only the Firewall and Containment have some value.
Unfortunately, instead of focusing on Firewall/Containment, Comodo decided to push the useless CIS to the public. For years Comodo wasted time, energy, money... and CIS remains as an useless garbage.

Let's be realistic! This is not about creating a robust security software, nor is it about a modern solution against zero-day attacks. This is just about a bad CEO management, it's about bad products, and it's about a bad company losing money and staff for years... therefore, this is just about surviving at any cost, launching a fake CIS 2025, desperately trying to keep Comodo' brand alive at any cost.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Comodo is the only software in the market, that always claimed to be "unbeatable".
But in real life, Comodo is a lousy company, with mediocre products, the sandbox/containment feature is already outdated, has bugs, is not upgraded nor updated... and in this negative context, an irresponsible gang of fanatics is always pushing garbage to users, exploiting false mantras such as: “It's free, if you don't like it don't use it”, “Our software is perfect, the fault lies with the users who don't know how to use it”, “We are not babysitters, users became infected due to their own irresponsibility”, "Our technology is great and too modern to be understood by users", "It always worked for me (thus, it'll work for everybody)", "I never got infected (thus, nobody is going to be infected)", "The tests in my videos prove that Comodo is unbeatable"... blah, blah, blah.
I agree yes !
I was still correct in writing to Melih, he totally ignored my message and preferred to reply to a “fanboy” ... :rolleyes:
(or the excuse “Yes, but we've got Valkyrie which is top” when he's really not crazy...)

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I agree yes !
I was still correct in writing to Melih, he totally ignored my message and preferred to reply to a “fanboy” ... :rolleyes:
(or the excuse “Yes, but we've got Valkyrie which is top” when he's really not crazy...)

Yeap, I always read your posts here or at Comodo' forum.
And my posts never are related directly to your person. By the way, I take the opportunity to thank you for your great effort, collaborating with tests, videos and your opinions.

My criticism is not against you, nor is it against Comodo, nor is it against Comodo' users.
My criticism, as always, is against Comodo' fanatics, who reverberate Comodo's lies/mediocrity, selling Camodo as caviar, as the panacea, as the ultimate complete solution, unbeatable, blah blah blah... without the slightest objectivity in their opinions and tests.

Trident

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I agree yes !
Melih has 0 interest in improving the Comodo products, which have been left to deteriorate in quality for many years.
He will not reply to your videos or any other critics and neither will someone else from the small, incompetent team.
In the end, they will delete your post.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
NASA is studying the new CIS 2025!
By opening the hood, it has been discovered that the revolutionary CIS 2025 is powered by a perpetual engine based on NOTHING.
It's the most modern fusion between quantum mysticism and the esoteric forces of the multiverses.
CIS 2025 is unbeatable thanks to the Power Of Faith mixed with Fanaticism... the most effective way against digital threats and zero-day attacks.
CIS 2025 is free!... it's only required to believe and to have faith in CIS 2025! Praise the CIS 2025. Amen.

c2cb6c0d65e1b6fab755bc3a408cac57.jpg

XylentAntivirus

Level 2
May 9, 2024
Melih has 0 interest in improving the Comodo products, which have been left to deteriorate in quality for many years.
He will not reply to your videos or any other critics and neither will someone else from the small, incompetent team.
In the end, they will delete your post.
I don't know about Melih's interest but Xcitium CTO Ozer Metin talked with me and they going to help improve my product by sharing his malware collection. It seems like they are friendly. Ozer Metin

Reactions: Behold Eck

partha_roy

Level 3
Oct 16, 2022
NASA is studying the new CIS 2025!
By opening the hood, it has been discovered that the revolutionary CIS 2025 is powered by a perpetual engine based on NOTHING.
It's the most modern fusion between quantum mysticism and the esoteric forces of the multiverses.
CIS 2025 is unbeatable thanks to the Power Of Faith mixed with Fanaticism... the most effective way against digital threats and zero-day attacks.
CIS 2025 is free!... it's only required to believe and to have faith in CIS 2025! Praise the CIS 2025. Amen.

View attachment 283635
ROFL

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Facts of reality:

1. The current Comodo' version announced as “2025” is nothing more than the old Beta version, which due to lack of dedication was not only frozen for more than a year, but worse, this abandoned Beta was never finished, most of the five years old bugs remain unfixed, and the only thing Comodo has done is just new UI cosmetics.

2. Comodo was never a great company and never had great products. For years, Comodo only had a single tool (sandbox/containment). Comodo' fanatics built a false myth on top of this sandbox/containment, not only making people believe that it was unbeatable (which many times was already proven false), but worse, these fanatics also built the idea that a simple broken sandbox/containment is enough to label a software as "the best and most complete security system". All of this is irresponsibly false and wrong.

3. In the IT security world, no one invents the wheel, and there are good reasons to explain why the best security software never used sandbox/containment. There have been hundreds of security software over past decades, all promising the best "ultimate solution". But none of these software products ever dared to use a simple broken sandbox/containment as an "ultimate solution". Only Comodo' fanatics insist that this broken sandbox/containment is the "ultimate solution".

4. The Comodo' website was always a disaster, but this is not just a coincidence, this is the Comodo' classic pattern behavior, reflected on every Comodo' product: Old, abandoned, useless and full of bugs.

5. Any conclusion of any expert is always published with the identification of the expert, verifying his technical training & experience, and fundamentally verifying the veracity of his tests and statements, describing in detail the necessary information (allowing to universally reproduce same tests and conclusions).

The participants here at MalwareTips are subjective opinion holders, they are not experts (or at least, they never documented their supposed expertise).
Subjective opinions and cute videos with nice music... are not proof of anything.
What is an expert? Is it someone who has had advanced, in depth training in a specific subject? That can be anyone with years of experience in a specific area.

I can point to Los Alamos NM (USA) National Laboratory. They hire only 'experts' in regards their computer security - people with lots of letters after their names. Several years ago, their computer section was compromised by 2 high school boys operating from the Los Alamos High School computer lab. The two 16 year old students did not attempt to hide their tracks. When lab security came to the high school, the 2 teens immediately admitted what they did.

*EDIT* Additional.......the area the 2 boys broke into was highly classified, above Top Secret. They stopped as soon as they gained access. Also, it's curious that these 2 teens could not get a job in that section because they have no college degrees in computer security, although LANL did question them extensively about 'how they did it, and what could be done to prevent further encroachments.'

Anyway, Expert lab security was embarrassed by novice high school computer users. The term 'expert' is too often overused and misunderstood.

Last edited:

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
@Chuck57,

With all due respect, the definition of an "expert" does not refer to anyone's conclusions.
What matters here is the "how"... the process "how" those conclusions were constructed.
MalwareTips participants are not experts because they DO NOT follow the necessary protocols to construct expert conclusions (the same goes for videos, tests, etc. by non-experts).

In simple words: An expert is not a perfect person, nor is he a person who always has correct conclusions. But the conclusions of an expert can be universally verified. The conclusions of a non-expert, true or false, are faith, religion, doctrine, ideology, dogmatism, ignorance, irrationality etc.

It's important to mention that MalwareTips participants have the right and freedom to express any kind of opinion. That is not what is being questioned here. The point is that a "non-expert" opinion is a subjective opinion, and I repeat: Subjective opinions and cute videos with nice music... are not proof of anything.

Last edited:

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
@ErzCrz,

With all due respect, what you are presenting is just a commercial advertisement.
The article is NOT a test about CIS 2025.
If you are looking for commercial advertisements about Comodo' products, please Google the subject, and you will find dozens against Comodo.

In real life:
1. CIS was and still is an useless piece of garbage. It's not me saying that, it's confirmed by Comodo' market share, which was insignificant decades ago and is still insignificant today (even as a free product).
2. Comodo' bugs are years old and still have not been fixed. Again, it's not me saying that, please visit the Comodo' forum and read the complaints of the participants. The Comodo' forum has a strict censorship policy, not only not allowing criticism, but also deleting ALL participant posts. Even so, participants found ways to post LISTS of bugs.
3. If the Firewall/Containment are disabled, there is a 100% chance of infection.
4. There is no such thing as "unbeatable software". It has already been confirmed, several times, that Containment has bugs and can be bypassed.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
@ErzCrz,

With all due respect, what you are presenting is just a commercial advertisement.
The article is NOT a test about CIS 2025.
If you are looking for commercial advertisements about Comodo' products, please Google the subject, and you will find dozens against Comodo.

In real life:
1. CIS was and still is an useless piece of garbage. It's not me saying that, it's confirmed by Comodo' market share, which was insignificant decades ago and is still insignificant today (even as a free product).
2. Comodo' bugs are years old and still have not been fixed. Again, it's not me saying that, please visit the Comodo' forum and read the complaints of the participants. The Comodo' forum has a strict censorship policy, not only not allowing criticism, but also deleting ALL participant posts. Even so, participants found ways to post LISTS of bugs.
3. If the Firewall/Containment are disabled, there is a 100% chance of infection.
4. There is no such thing as "unbeatable software". It has already been confirmed, several times, that Containment has bugs and can be bypassed.
I'm not looking for commercial advertisements, just simply sharing the article that I came across. You can't get a proper perspective of how good a program is by any of the testing sites, most of them are funded by AV products themselves.

I'd reply to these points but there isn't a point. The real question is, what is the best, what protects you the most? Do we all start paying £80 a year on Bitdefender, ignore politics and go with Kaspersky or jump on the Norton bandwagon with expensive renewal costs. Security is about layered protection and although I change my security setup a lot and hardening Windows with Hard_Configurator paired with ConfigureDefender and FirewallHardening by AndyFul has felt my most secure setup in the past. This year I was tempted to renew my Emsisoft Sub but decided on buying into CyberLock for a reason, to fill the missing gaps of the likes of Microsoft Defender which is just as good at detecting malware as most now although easily bypassed.

Anyway, back on topic. If you don't like Comodo, don't use it, if it's trash, don't use it. I prefer it's firewall over Windows Firewall but maybe WF UIs like WFC is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.