Comodo Internet Security v7 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

I tried installing on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. The installer got to 99% and I got BSOD. Had to system restore.

Not on mine, do you have other security softs installed?

Viruscope remind me a bit the rollback feature of WSA

strumdrum

Level 1
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Not on mine, do you have other security softs installed?

All I have is Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. I just tried to install the stable version (6) and had similar issues. My system would BSOD soon after the installation. So this is not a beta issue with version 7 but some sort of problem with my setup. I just can't figure out what it would be. I have no security software installed (other than on-demand scanners).

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Over 200 bug fixes from CIS 6.3 or Alpha release?
From
Ran malware pack #123. It found 107/123. I didn't see any viruscope alerts. Here is a link on how viruscope is supposed to work. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ixxjhpgsOHQJ:help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-522-6307-.html+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Edit: Viruscope is still kind of in the process of being brought up to speed. Hopefully comodo actually integrates it into the auto sandbox and increases it's effectiveness.
Of course they will, it has just been introduced, let's go slowly.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I know spywar. I wasn't trying to be negative. I know it's just a beta and it just came out today. Obviously it has to get cleared and have all the bugs worked out. I'm just hoping that it does mature and works out. I was just testing it out a little and letting people know my findings.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
I know spywar. I wasn't trying to be negative. I know it's just a beta and it just came out today. Obviously it has to get cleared and have all the bugs worked out. I'm just hoping that it does mature and works out. I was just testing it out a little and letting people know my findings.
Absolutely no problems, I got your point.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Does it installs some extension for Chrome like Avast has "Avast Online Security" or it doesn't like ESET.
Any pics from web protection in action maybe?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
found it on IE :D
cis7_5.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm getting tired of Comodo's-shenanigans. When will Comodo ever be user-friendly, and I don't just mean visually. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Petrovic
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.