Battle Comodo Internet Security vs. Kaspersky Internet Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad18

Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2013
Hi guys. I am wondering which of this two products you like more. Comodo is good but I also hear that Kaspersky is good. I want to know what others think. Please tell which you think offers better protection. Please vote in the poll and explain why you like Comodo or Kaspersky. Thank you.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Littlebits said:
Advanced users don't need multiple layers of protection.
The First line of defense should be your own actions when browsing and downloading files never completely depend on any software or combination of several software to protect you.

The second line should be UAC, never allow unsigned processes to run unless you know for sure they are safe.

If you just do these 2 lines of defense then you will not need a bloat load of multiple layers of protection.

Thanks.:D
Spread this to the million of users that get infected every single day :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Littlebits said:
Advanced users don't need multiple layers of protection.
The First line of defense should be your own actions when browsing and downloading files never completely depend on any software or combination of several software to protect you.

The second line should be UAC, never allow unsigned processes to run unless you know for sure they are safe.

If you just do these 2 lines of defense then you will not need a bloat load of multiple layers of protection.

That's what people don't understand. Windows features are there for a reason and supposed to be used accordingly. Some users think that if their behind a big lay of AV defense their "bullet proof", but that is not always the case.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
KelvinW4 said:
But those millions of users are probably not advanced, and do not know a lot about malware.

That is true but they also don't know how to use Advanced security tools either most are useless to them. It takes knowledge to learn how to avoid malware with your habits and even takes much more knowledge to learn how to configure advanced security tools like sandboxing, HIPS, virtualization, etc.

Microsoft made UAC because if users want to utilize it, then it will be effective and cause no compatibility problems with other software, Windows itself, uses no resources or advanced knowledge to configure.

UAC is much easier to learn how to use effectively then all of these other advanced security products. I see users all the time trying to tackle the task of configuring products like Comodo to offer them the best protection and they still don't know how to use UAC correctly which is much easier. They should be ashamed.

thetechguy

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
Kaspersky for sure. Comodo's firewall is decent, but their AV is severely lacking. I still think signatures do way more than most give them credit for and I also think that the "Zero Day" has been blown out of proportion a bit. I do like Behavior Blockers and Sandbox, but HIPS is a huge pain for not much additional protection IMO.

Now Comodo Firewall + a different AV is nice. Something like Bitdefender and Comodo D+. Now that's a good combo. Love the Free Bitdefender.

SneakyRussian

Sep 18, 2013
Hmm, ex Comodo 2013 (paid) user here.. been with Comodo for over 5 years. Really liked it, first started off free, then, found an offer that did Comodo suite 2013 for $2. Just 2 days ago switched to Kaspersky (something I always disliked years ago for being too slow and too clunky) and I have to say WOW.

Kaspersky 2014 has awesome layout, its fast, it's not heavy on resources - much lighter actually than my Comodo was! I did configure Comodo properly, but Kaspersky is just so much lighter and seems quicker. Separate heuristics scan too, which is cool. Sandbox - I got a separate custom build sandbox - which I hardly use anyway, so no difference to me if it's not present in Kaspersky.

I think real world / zero day protection is just as good. Firewall/Defence - well.. I don't know if Kaspersky is better or not, but it is certainly not far behind, more intuitive too based on KSN - which knows most commonly used software anyway. Big difference here is that if you reinstall Comodo firewall - you have to "teach it" everything again and reconfigure. If you look into settings/application in Kaspersky it breaks everything down automatically based on KSN database + asks for action on unknown.

Kaspersky 2014 for me - just something fresher and less user dependent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.