Battle Comodo Internet Security vs. Kaspersky Internet Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad18

Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2013
Hi guys. I am wondering which of this two products you like more. Comodo is good but I also hear that Kaspersky is good. I want to know what others think. Please tell which you think offers better protection. Please vote in the poll and explain why you like Comodo or Kaspersky. Thank you.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

I don't trust Kaspersky( take a look at this blog: link )...I don't trust Comodo.

But I vote Kaspersky because:
- good detection
- very good capacity to remove virus
- very good firewall

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Paul.R said:
Hi!

I don't trust Kaspersky( take a look at this blog: link )...I don't trust Comodo.

- good detection
- very good firewall

Those information on that site are no longer an evidence to made Kaspersky worse. :D

+ Its through the years, since been mentioned everywhere.

Nomad

Verified
Jan 31, 2013
I vote for Comodo, though I do not use it.

I would never trust Kaspersky...it is the modern day KGB, and I want no part of it. One word from Moscow, and it will be used to spy on whomever they wish. I try to use domestic software mostly.

Z

ZeroDay

Nomad said:

I would never trust Kaspersky...it is the modern day KGB, and I want no part of it. One word from Moscow, and it will be used to spy on whomever they wish. I try to use domestic software mostly.

And why on earth would the KGB want to spy on the average joe from another country? Lmfao

Nomad

Verified
Jan 31, 2013
ZeroDay said:
Nomad said:

And why on earth would the KGB want to spy on the average joe from another country? Lmfao

Utilizing predictive analytics finding patterns in behavior for nefarious behavior, taking control and using my computer as part of a botnet for DDos attacks, stealing banking credentials, or other unwanted behaviors.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

Eugene Kaspersky:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Kaspersky

I don't trust Kaspersky. I use Kaspersky, but see this articles I uninstall this security suite.

Have a nice day!

Z

ZeroDay

Nomad said:
ZeroDay said:
Nomad said:

Utilizing predictive analytics finding patterns in behavior for nefarious behavior, taking control and using my computer as part of a botnet for DDos attacks, stealing banking credentials, or other unwanted behaviors.

I'm certain that if Kaspersky security products where doing anything remotely untoward some white hat/black hat/grey hat would of spotted it by now.

Z

ZeroDay

Paul.R said:
Hi!

Eugene Kaspersky:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Kaspersky

I don't trust Kaspersky. I use Kaspersky, but see this articles I uninstall this security suite.

Have a nice day!

There isn't anything there that worries me. Besides if Kaspersky was the big bad wolf uninstalling Kis wouldn't do you any good, it would be to late by then. All just conspiracy theories.

Nomad

Verified
Jan 31, 2013
I'm certain that if Kaspersky security products where doing anything remotely untoward some white hat/black hat/grey hat would of spotted it by now.

You're probably right...I think Kaspersky has a superior anti-virus engine....but I'm just paranoid :p

Seany007

Verified
May 3, 2013
You guys are funny with trust. The whole internet spy on you! It was made for spying on the first place! LOL!

Kaspersky don't spy on you more than other AV vendors...

Nomad

Verified
Jan 31, 2013
Seany007 said:
You guys are funny with trust. The whole internet spy on you! It was made for spying on the first place! LOL!

I know! That's why I don't even like AV in the first place. I'm also suspcious of my laptop because it's made by Lenovo (Chinese)...They probably have some firmware set to spy on me...but I like the laptop so I deal with it :D

Seany007

Verified
May 3, 2013
Nomad said:
Seany007 said:

I know! That's why I don't even like AV in the first place. I'm also suspcious of my laptop because it's made by Lenovo (Chinese)...They probably have some firmware set to spy on me...but I like the laptop so I deal with it :D

Ha ha ha LOL! You made my day! :D

Z

ZeroDay

Nomad said:
Seany007 said:

Hahaha... Oh wait my machine is Lenovo too, they're probably reading everything I type on MalwareTips in a bit to use it against me in some future forum crack down Haha!

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

Point taken.
That said, AV vendors WILL take sides if the leader of their respective country strong-arm them. China is another good example of that ultimate potential.
Once again, I am not saying that Kaspersky is not a good suite, just saying that if the gloves come off they could do some real damage to a lot of Western subscribers if Putin gives an ultimatum once this Syria thing blows up. We know that Putin is a lot more likely and capable of coercing someone like Eugene Kaspersky than other leaders relative to entrepreneurs in less centrally governed societies. My guess is that if Eugene does not comply he will suffer a mysterious heavy metal exposure of some kind. We have seen that type of thing over there before, and EVERYTHING business related in Russia has some tie with the oldest crime syndicate in the history of the world; one that outlasted the Romanov dynasty, and is arguably one-in-the-same with the modern version of what we knew as the KGB.
Russians don't take offense to what I am saying. They simply understand it all too well. No one operates independently of the oldest syndicate in history..............not in Russia anyway.

Think of it like "doctor-patient privilege"; what you tell you shrink is safe until, during your therapy session, you threaten to do something completely dangerous to others, then the court subpoenas your gut spill. It is that simple. It is even simpler in Russia, where "doctor-patient privilege", and most other such privileges are non existent.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Paul.R said:
Hi!

- good detection
- very good firewall

It seems to me that you dont trust anything or anyone period.
That link you provided is utter crap.
With a headline like that.

Kanata

Jun 6, 2013
Kaspersky is same as Avast. I'll feel safe when I play ptc sites.
They can defend against those virus behind js scripts.
But they cannot detect bundle within installers.

Comodo can compatible with other antivirus without freezing, slow down or blue screen.
I'll try it out with Outpost, Clamwin, Imunnet, Rising, Mbam, Jiangmin they're running all well.
I feel like I've 7 Assasins protected my windows from the shadows none of virus can pass in
even they can pass they'll stuck in Comodo's sandbox dimension.

I'll not say that Comodo is better since Comodo Files Filter is too naging wile Kaspersky is silent smotthly.
But I prefer Comodo for multilayer protection. I'll give virus a hell of torment from my 7 Assassins.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Kaspersky also provides multiple layers of protection, just as Comodo. It's even better when you don't need complimentary products. That's my view.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Advanced users don't need multiple layers of protection.
The First line of defense should be your own actions when browsing and downloading files never completely depend on any software or combination of several software to protect you.

The second line should be UAC, never allow unsigned processes to run unless you know for sure they are safe.

If you just do these 2 lines of defense then you will not need a bloat load of multiple layers of protection.

Thanks.:D

Zurchiboy

Verified
Apr 10, 2013
Littlebits said:
Advanced users don't need multiple layers of protection.
The First line of defense should be your own actions when browsing and downloading files never completely depend on any software or combination of several software to protect you.

The second line should be UAC, never allow unsigned processes to run unless you know for sure they are safe.

If you just do these 2 lines of defense then you will not need a bloat load of multiple layers of protection.

Thanks.:D

Very true

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.