Comodo IS 5.8 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Comodo Internet security is one of the best free, if not Best Free Internet security suit out there.
Its did good but not 100% Perfect which is impossible.... first let me grade it:

Signature Based Malware Detection and Prevention: VG
Zero-Day protection G
Memory-CPU useage G
If its easy to use and its interface is not messy. G if a bit Tech savy - O for Begginers
Easy install-Uninstall G
Scanning and Update speed G
Comodo did amazing, It missed only 2 files out of the 20 tested.

Grading key:
VG - Very good - Highest grade it can get
G - Good - Second Highest
O - Okay - Middle
P - Poor - Second Lowest
VP - Very Poor - Lowest

Read it here on my Blog:

Review

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
Hmm i wish you would use different format instead of

" Grading key:
VG - Very good - Highest grade it can get
G - Good - Second Highest
O - Okay - Middle
P - Poor - Second Lowest
VP - Very Poor - Lowest "

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Eh, I thought about it. I might just format it down to. G, O, P.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Even if CAV has a great heuristic engine , I don't think that it can be rated as top-notch as COMODO is very slow on updating the definitions... From my testing CAV usually detects a new malware sample through the heuristic engine and very rarely has signatures for it.

Notes to improve your reviews :
-Change your rating system as it isn't very reader-friendly.
-Show us screenshots or videos from your tests so that you can put some fact behind your words.
-Put more facts on the table as you didn't manage me to convince me that this review is actually worth reading.
-Write more detailed opinions .....
-Check your text for spelling errors as you have some pretty bad spelling mistakes.

D

Deleted member 178

Im a long time CFW/CIS user so i will say (in bold):

3link9 said:
Signature Based Malware Detection and Prevention: VG (O or G, the heuristic or Cloud catch a lot)
Zero-Day protection G (VG because the HIPS)
Memory-CPU useage G (VG, one of the lightest for a full suite)
If its easy to use and its interface is not messy. G if a bit Tech savy - O for Begginers
Easy install-Uninstall G
Scanning and Update speed G
Comodo did amazing, It missed only 2 files out of the 20 tested.

I also agree with Jack comments on your review's methodology

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
My tip is that you have %-rate rather than VG,G,O,P,VP or you have A, B, C system. where you can add plus and minus.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Jack said:
Even if CAV has a great heuristic engine , I don't think that it can be rated as top-notch as COMODO is very slow on updating the definitions... From my testing CAV usually detects a new malware sample through the heuristic engine and very rarely has signatures for it.

Notes to improve your reviews :
-Change your rating system as it isn't very reader-friendly.
-Show us screenshots or videos from your tests so that you can put some fact behind your words.
-Put more facts on the table as you didn't manage me to convince me that this review is actually worth reading.
-Write more detailed opinions .....
-Check your text for spelling errors as you have some pretty bad spelling mistakes.
Guess thats what I get for eating two bowls of Ramen noodles and a monster energy.... bit twitchy. Thanks Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.